PwC - Great company to work for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PwC

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Tax Associate in McLean, VA
Current Employee - Tax Associate in McLean, VA

I have been working at PwC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great company to work for, tons of resources, awesome people depending on your group, able to see different types of transactions, bottom line, a great place to launch your career

Cons

long hours, if you are good at something, HR and upper manager have a tendency to have you on the engagement, difficult to transfer between different lines of services

Other Employee Reviews for PwC

1. "PwC is a great place to learn!"

Former Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY

I worked at PwC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

At PwC you learn by servicing different types of clients. The tools and methods used at PwC are cutting edge.
    The teams are great to work with and for at PwC.

Cons

If working on a project team, you may work very long hours to meet deadlines and stay under budget. Most people worked very long hours.

Advice to Management

Advise employees before the accept the position of the potential for very long hours.

"Lots of opportunities until you are ready for admission to partnership."

Former Employee - Director in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Director in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at PwC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Smart hard working peers. Your will learn a lot and will work with talented and energetic people. Work hard and you can gain skills and knowledge and you can advance and can advance quickly in the early years of your professional life.

Cons

Work vs. life balance can be very hard if you want to advance and to work on the best engagements. Promise of partnership is appealing, the reality is much different. After 5-6 years of getting the highest possible rating and metric at the level just below partner and performance equaled or exceeded the partners I worked with on a day to day basis I was passed over for partner 3 years in a row. I am a white male and was passed over to make up for under representation with racial minorities and females. I agree the firm's partnership was overly dominated with white male, but the solution should be to remove the underperforming and make room for those that are make the firm's money and reputation. Also the closer you get to partnership the more you realize that most of the partners are really highly paid staff without any control, input or decision making authority. My advice from someone who has been their is to join the firm grow your skills and contacts and leave on your own terms. I did and couldnt be happier.

Advice to Management

Man up and get rid of pre-merger partners that are not and have not been performing for years. Make room for the talent that are bringing in new clients/services and profits to make partner.