PwC - A great Big 4 Experience | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for PwC

"A great Big 4 Experience"

Current Employee - Finance Associate in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Finance Associate in Tampa, FL

I have been working at PwC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Company offers great benefits to the employees. These include a large vacation balance, paid Firm closures, medical, dental, pension, 401(k), etc. With working in Non-Client Serving roles the Internal Firm Services departments are being strongly encouraged to telecommute. This allows our teams to work from home 2-3 days a week, which helps out immensely with work-life balance. Everyone in the Company works to be flexible in any way they can, whether you need to take time off or change your work schedule. Great core values and ethics.

Cons

With working in the Non-Client Serving side of the company there was very limited earning potential and very hard to advance. This is understandable, as there are only "x" amount of back house roles needed when only "x" amount of market share is held. This just made advancing your career a lot longer than expected and kept you stuck in a salary range.

Advice to Management

Build better career advancement paths within IFS.

Other Employee Reviews for PwC

1. "Bright spots & great brand, but what a mess internally"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at PwC full-time

Pros

So many opportunities - if you're young, interested in trying new areas, wanting to travel, this is a great place. It's a big place, especially when you take the global network into account.

Cons

There are a lot of things that could be said here and I don't want to just run the place down unfairly. The one thing I'll focus on here: People go to work primarily for money, which arrives per performance reviews. You should see the creaky prehistoric piece of crap that is PwC's performance system. Shameful. It is so core to each employee's experience and it's so wrong that this company, which makes so much money, would shortchange its employees and managers with this system that really could be addressed in 2 weeks.

Advice to Management

Bob, my friend: I like you but you gotta take care of this. Really. I know you hear every complaint in the book, but this one is strategic and the pain is shared by all. This is such an inexpensive way to better take care of your people. We will all be grateful. Amen.

2. "Senior Associate Consulting"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at PwC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Perks and work/life balance. People are generally very smart and there are opportunities to develop professionally through training classes and varied work projects.

Cons

There seems to be a problem with retention, the consulting lifestyle definitely isn't for everyone.
    When I was there, the company tried to be more open with compensation bands for different levels, this mainly led to people feeling cheated when they weren't near the top of their band.