PwC - Great experience - if you can play the game | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PwC

"Great experience - if you can play the game"

Former Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at PwC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I was in Advisory, Technology consulting practice and went from Associate through Experienced Manager at the firm. I would personally recommend it to most people. To do well at the firm, you have to be driven, a work-a-holic at times, and open to travel. The work can be challenging, and the problems to solve can be fun. I worked at top tier Fortune & Global 500 companies on projects at a scope I would not have reached most other places.

Cons

The travel can be cumbersome in professional services - and is a reason many leave by the time they reach senior associate or manager. The firm can be highly political at times, with each partner within a practice having their own fiefdom - but that's how it is at many type A firms.

Advice to Management

Continue treating people as people rather than assets. When I was there, the culture had just started changing to reduce attrition to a more people focused mindset.

Other Employee Reviews for PwC

1. "Great working environment. Attractive benefits with the top management stressing the importance of work life balance."

Former Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY

I worked at PwC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Ample learning opportunities for entry to mid-level practitioners.

Cons

Opportunities become limited after mid management level.

Advice to Management

Performance management and incentive program should be improved.

"Great opportunities for new grad hires, difficult integration for experienced hires."

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at PwC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Firm is strongly geared to onboarding and supporting Associates and Senior Associates. Lots of opportunities if you attract the attention of a busy Partner. Fair compensation and pretty good benefits.

Cons

Experienced hires at more senior levels do not get much support other than advice to "build your brand" - little or no information on how to do that. Internal networking is difficult. Job sell is about doing the work, job reality is about selling the work. Huge focus on building a book of business. Strong feeling of "the bosses" (Partners) and the underlings (everyone else). I've never felt more like hired help.

Advice to Management

Spend some time figuring out why incoming Senior Managers and Directors have such a hard time integrating and being successful, and why the turnover rate at that level is so high (it's not just because there are few Partner slots)