PwC - Rare combination of brilliance and humanity. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PwC

"Rare combination of brilliance and humanity."

Current Employee - Advisory Manager in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Advisory Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PwC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I meet crazy smart people every day; yet nearly everyone is humble and human.

Cons

A little risk averse, but getting better.

Advice to Management

Keep working to improve work-life balance.

Other Employee Reviews for PwC

"Great firm with some very talented leadership and people, but not uniformly"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at PwC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Being a private firm allows many employee positives not possible with a public entity (not looking at each month, quarter, etc.). In addition, the senior leadership is passionate about the firm and the people.

Cons

Ambiguous performance measures. My practice was acquired, and after 3+ years they still could not really understand how to measure (hence reward) for performance. They can be somewhat slow in key areas when people are integrated due acquisitions.

Advice to Management

Upon any acquisition, immediately remove that leadership layer from control and place one or more true PwC Partners as oversight. Leaving teams alone to run "as-was" creates gaps and prevents the people from quickly integrating into the PwC culture. From a risk\business perspective, removing that previous layer also exposes the previous mistakes, which become current mistakes from being hidden from view by PwC. Naming one or more of them as Partner\Principal does not really reflect talents nor expose the existing skill deficiencies. I know of one former "leader" who simply attends meetings and name drops, but really remains an empty suit after all these years.

2. "Very good internship."

Current Intern - Financial Service Representative Intern in Washington, DC
    Current Intern - Financial Service Representative Intern in Washington, DC

I have been working at PwC as an intern

Pros

I really enjoyed the challenges that I was given during this internship. Also, I loved the office location in downtown DC.

Cons

I don't have any cons! I think the company is constantly improving itself and so that would be my bottom line. Don't expect everything to be perfect when you do start working here.