PwC - Top quality people, great experience, but it's very hard work. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PwC

"Top quality people, great experience, but it's very hard work."

Former Employee - Senior Associate in McLean, VA
Former Employee - Senior Associate in McLean, VA

I worked at PwC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You work with very intelligent, career-oriented people in a fast-paced environment and you learn a lot.

Cons

The hours can be very demanding, and some engagements very unrewarding.

Other Employee Reviews for PwC

1. "Interning was great for learning the systems and programs used at PwC."

Former Intern - Tax Intern in McLean, VA
    Former Intern - Tax Intern in McLean, VA

I worked at PwC as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The teach you all the programs and systems used at PwC, you get to know the people you'll be working with, you can get experience in different departments, you understand what a day is like as a full time employee, there are extracurricular activities to participate in as an intern, you can enjoy other perks.

Cons

The days can be long and boring, you might not have a project to work on, management is preoccupied so they might not be as helpful as they initially lead you to believe.

Advice to Management

FInd a way to make a better work-life balance during the busy seasons. 80 hours a week is not good for any individual.

"Just another cog in the wheel."

Former Intern - Audit Intern in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Intern - Audit Intern in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at PwC as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Name recognition wherever you go, salaries were average, and a very business casual atmosphere. Generous vacation policy and training resources.

Cons

Almost immediately I realized how little I mattered at the firm and even on my team. Granted it was an entry level position, but I got criticized on my review for asking too many questions. They sort of expected you to just toe the company line and get your work done without asking any questions. Also, you never really know how you are doing until after the entire engagement is over, instead of being able to course correct during your tenure there.

HR was incredibly disorganized - I started Jan 2nd and after accepting my offer 3 months earlier, I only heard from them the night before on where to report. I felt very unprepared to start training.

Advancement seemed to be very much a factor of tenure and not ability or merit. Manager maybe said 10 words a day to us and only cared about studying for his exams.

While vacation was plentiful, no one ever seemed to take it. I even had friends that got criticized on their reviews for taking all of theirs in a calendar year. It is one of their huge selling points during recruiting but why bother mentioning it if no one can get out?

Advice to Management

Change up the review process to make it more real-time so that your personnel can make immediate adjustments instead of wasting the client's time using sub-optimal employees or methods.

Promote your people based on their abilities to lead and communicate, not just because they have outlasted the peers.