PwC - Lots of opportunities to try something different | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PwC

"Lots of opportunities to try something different"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at PwC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

PwC offers a variety of opportunities within the firm - client facing and internal. As you are looking for new challenges, you can easily find new opportunities in the Firm that will push you and challenge you in new ways. People are great and they make it so much more of an enjoyable experience. Firm provides great flexibility that (I have been told) you can't easily find in the industry.

Cons

Hours during busy season can be challenging especially when trying to accommodate family and kids. Regulatory landscape is constantly changing and, while the Firm provides lots of training, auditing is not what it used to be.

Other Employee Reviews for PwC

"Burned by Politics"

Current Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Tampa, FL

I have been working at PwC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Health benefits and a few perks.

Cons

Where do I begin? 1. It's all political. It didn't matter that I consistently had the highest metrics and performance, I was always rated poorly. Leadership hires and promotes their friends and yes men. Not the hard workers who actually know what they are doing. It's all fake. Smoke and mirrors. If you're a Sr. Associate expect to work 20-30 hrs of OT a week and your pay won't go up.

Advice to Management

What goes around, comes around. I will be laughing the hardest when it does.

"Never work for the PWC SDC!"

Former Employee - Tax Process Specialist in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Tax Process Specialist in Tampa, FL

I worked at PwC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None, the prestige that you would otherwise have is non-existent because PWC won't recognize you as an employee.

Cons

Menial work. You are literally typing numbers off a spreadsheet into another program. A five year old could do this job. They are hiring people without degrees so they can pay less than the pittance of a salary they already provide. You will get zero useful experience and when you leave here after a number of years will be forced to take an entry level job like a new college graduate with no experience because of your lack of real accounting skills. Management refuses to let anyone transfer to the practice office. They will dangle a carrot of transfer, but once you are eligible they start making excuses. No one other than management has ever transferred from the SDC to the practice office.

Advice to Management

Stop lying about the ability to transfer.