PwC - Engaging and Rewarding | Glassdoor

"Engaging and Rewarding"

Current Employee - Senior Associate - Assurance in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Senior Associate - Assurance in San Jose, CA

I have been working at PwC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great starting salary + wonderful team.

I have the pleasure of working for a company that gives me flexibility and choice to shape my career.

Cons

I do not have a lot of negative experiences so far, but every company has them. To succeed one needs to balance work priorities with personal priorities. Finding a balance in Big 4 is a challenge.

Other Employee Reviews for PwC

1. "For very hard-working, career-driven people only"

Former Employee - Experienced Audit Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Experienced Audit Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at PwC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Career advancement, constant learning, resume-builder, if you are young you work with lots of people in your age group

Cons

You will be very overworked many times. in order to be successful in the senior associate position and above, becoming a workaholic is required. Pay and 401k match is much lower than you could find elsewhere (there is a pension though). When I tested my value in the job market, I got a 25% base pay increase, 300% 401k match increase and my benefits are also much better at my new company. Also, my personal life suffered from the amount of time I had to spend at work.

Advice to Management

If the SEC and PwC are going to increase the required quality of audits, the clients have to be charged more in order to staff engagements better [or the partners could take a pay cut :)]. Otherwise, the burden is shifted to employees and many will quit.

Pay employees what they are worth and/or increase staffing by 10%. Then turnover will decrease and audit efficiency/quality will increase. One good senior associate can do the same amount of work (with higher quality) as 2-3 associates with limited experience, so if you can keep your talented people, you won't need to hire 2-3 new associates for each person that quits and you will increase the efficiency/quality of your work. I would have stayed at PwC longer if there was sufficient staffing at the manager and senior associate level, but the staffing was completely inadequate. I hate inefficiency, and things are very inefficient at PwC because of the inadequacy of staffing.

2. "PwC is a great firm to work at"

Former Contractor - Seasonal Tax Associate in Boston, MA
    Former Contractor - Seasonal Tax Associate in Boston, MA

I worked at PwC as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Great office culture. Everyone is highly qualified and motivated. Good salary as well.

Cons

The training program could have been better.