PwC - I love this place | Glassdoor

"I love this place"

Current Employee - Tax Manager in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Tax Manager in Washington, DC

Pros

challenging work during the week

Cons

work/life balance leans more toward work

Advice to Management

keep growing the business

Other Employee Reviews for PwC

1. "Great place to start a career"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

Easy to keep updated on current accounting standards.
    Opportunity for advancement.
    "Big 4" experience seen favorable by potential future employers.

Cons

Long hours.
    Promotions based off of extracurricular activities rather than quality of work.

Advice to Management

Do not become so focused on global business opportunities that you lose focus of local opportunities.

2. "Good place to start, but how much you get out of the experience depends on you"

Former Employee - Audit Senior Associate in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Audit Senior Associate in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

You will never learn more in another position than you will in your first five years with a Big 4 Firm, and you be compensated as such when you decide to leave. If you can take the stress and the long hours, stick around as long as possible. It's worth it in the long run. PwC was like family to me and was always able to help me meet my needs. You just have to remember that it's your life and your career, so you have to take charge and ask for what you want!

Cons

I'm sure everyone is familiar with the cons... long hours, small pay, grumpy clients, a-hole senior managers and partners... it comes with the territory!

Advice to Management

Now that AS5 has rolled around, it's time to take a client focus again, and that means better scheduling! Even if it means that you sacrifice some "utilization", get over it. By the time I quit I'd had MORE than enough of listening to everyone whine about your made up metrics! The bottom line is that the vast majority of Clients pay a set fee, we're paid salary, and utlization only affects your "profit" in your crazy made up world of reporting! Get over it and give Clients what they want!