PwC - For Experienced Hires do your homework on PwC's Federal Advisory group before you start | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PwC

"For Experienced Hires do your homework on PwC's Federal Advisory group before you start"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I worked at PwC full-time

Pros

Federal advisory practice is small so there is a start up feel-everybody is needed to do everything at some point-makes for good business experience for associate levels; junior staff have good mobility to move around; you will be rewarded if your focus is client delivery and you meet utilization - very strong emphasis on billing and project work even up through Director in a lot of cases; for big firm consulting you work a lot but this was within tolerance

Cons

Culture in PSP is territorial and non-collaborative - worst I've seen - the account ownership mentality creates strong barriers to get cooperation; collection of legacy cliques (BearingPoint, PRTM, PW, Booz Allen, Booz & Co), so many unreconciled legacy cultures. Know which firm you're going to first. Not a people first culture, very negative in tone day2day. Downside of delivery first culture is that other sins are forgiven - if utilization is high, other aspects of performance overlooked e.g. many lack interpersonal polish you'd expect in a brand name consulting firm.

Advice to Management

Where to start? I could say treat personnel better, but I'll focus on the growth potential. PwC's Federal Advisory practice is all over the map in what it wants to be the client, but lacks the internal collaboration and is not in tune with the Federal buying patterns (RPH, use of omnibus). Without growth you won't retain talent no matter how you treat them.

Other Employee Reviews for PwC

"Great people, great experience, very stressfull"

Current Employee - Experienced Audit Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Experienced Audit Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at PwC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have learned more in three years at PwC than most people learn in 10 while in industry. As a general rule, the people that work there are great to work with.

Cons

The hours can be awful. The benefits are not very good (other than the amount of paid vacation). Performance measure can sometimes feel arbitrary.

Advice to Management

I don't believe the old business model will work in the current regulatory environment. The amount of knowledge required, even of the associates, is significant, and the level of turnover means that we are constantly behind the curve.

"Manager in Marketing/Sales (IFS) Great company to work for but NO career path for internal people. Great for 3-5 years."

Current Employee - IFS Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - IFS Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PwC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay - the glassdoor salaries posted are right on target
    Sign on bonus - $5K
    Annual Bonuses - 2.5% - 9%
    Annual raises - 2.5%-4%
    Cell Phone paid for
    Cheaper upgrades with new phones
    $5k a year in tuition bonus - I got this for two years
    $5K referral bonus - it took about ten referrals to get someone in but they paid this bonus out in 30 days of the person working at PwC
    Flex Fridays (Summer) depends on the team. My first year I never worked on Friday during the Summer. Next two Summers I worked every other Friday.
    Wealth Management- enter workouts and other health activities and earn points to redeem into gift cards. Over the last two years I got around $250 in gifts cards for going to the gym.
    401k strong matching if YOU STAY FOR FIVE YEARS. Read the fine print. If you stay for five years its an amazing program between the 401K and "wealth builder" program. highly recommend.
    PwC is making splashes in the market and building a strong brand. When I applied to other companies everyone was impressed with three years at PwC.
    Great work/life balance - continues to evolve
    4 weeks paternal leave - never heard of this anywhere. It was amazing when we had our baby
    Good vacation - 22 days as a manager

Cons

As an IFS resource you are not revenue generating and as a result will never gain the full respect of Partners and the firm as a whole.
    Pay, bonuses, raises are much less for IFS people
    Glass ceiling in IFS - you can never make partner
    Revolving door of leadership - partners take terms in senior leadership roles. Revolving door of new ideas and directions.
    Full value of 401K plan.......see above. Less than five years........not great.
    Awful offices - stale cubicle rat maze. Innovation draining
    Still runs like an accounting firm
    Not a tech. firm - still use Lotus Notes........need I say more.
    Internal HR folks are very linear which slows people's growth opportunities.

If you are going for three five years and want launch your career forward this is a great place, If you are looking for long term growth, appreciation, support and development.....go somewhere else.

Advice to Management

Respect the IFS people.