PwC - Great people, but underpaid | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PwC

"Great people, but underpaid"

Current Employee - Transaction Services Experienced Associate in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Transaction Services Experienced Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PwC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

What keeps me coming back to work every day is the people I work with in Transaction Services. They're great people. Everyone is highly intelligent and maintains similar interests in the market. I also enjoy doing the business development work which isn't present in other groups.

Cons

The pay. By far and away the biggest issue with Transaction Services is the pay. You're always going to get less than you think you should be getting. Your hours will be a bit better than auditor hours (no busy season thank god) and your pay will be essentially identical to an auditors despite doing deal-based work and having bill rates triple those of an auditor. It's insulting to sit at the table with the bankers and lawyers and know they're being paid at least 50% more than you are.

PwC also generally insists on a 3-year promotion cycle despite the rest of the financial world operating on a 2-year promotion cycle. Titles are just titles, what matters is pay which you will be forever disappointed with at PwC.

Advice to Management

Pay the people what we're worth. If our bill rates are 2-3 times those of auditor bill rates, how can you justify paying us just a thousand or two more than an auditor?

Other Employee Reviews for PwC

1. "Senior Associate"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at PwC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity to grow your career. Wide array of projects, and opportunities for geographic mobility.

Cons

Work/life balance can be challenging in client service roles.

2. "Lots of talented people but tremendous amount of work"

Pros

High growth for the company and opptys for employees. Solid bottom line financials and limited down times with the Firm even when the economy was failing.

Cons

Heavy overtime. Many stakeholders to bring in for even the simpliest decidions which brings longer times to resolve and approve.