PwC - Strategy Consulting | Glassdoor

"Strategy Consulting"

Former Employee - Management Consultant in New York, NY
Former Employee - Management Consultant in New York, NY

Pros

Great benefits (3wks vacation to start, lots of days off, 401k partial matching), lots of smart people with great industry knowledge in the consulting (advisory) end of the business

Cons

Lots of bureaucracy, particularly on the engagement acceptance process (largely because of PwC's audit role) and client billing. Promotions that are needed for particular groups can be scuttled because of overall business performance. Since I've left, I've heard that PwC has become much more tightfisted about expenses, promotions, raises, etc.

Advice to Management

Become less risk averse, especially on the consulting side of things. If PwC really wants to expand into non-audit and tax work it needs to streamline processes and make it easier for employees to do work

Other Employee Reviews for PwC

"Can't complain"

Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY

Pros

Worked in Marketing and Sales, good collegial atmosphere and collaboration. Flexible schedule, work from home one day per week. Good benefits.

Cons

Annual review process is onerous and it's unclear if/how bonus distribution is equitable. Internal Firm Services went through 3 RIFs in less than 2 years. Partner political infighting affects 'innocent' team members.

Advice to Management

Partners should focus more on the people who make the firm run and profitable versus their own internal kingdoms and excessive salaries.

2. "On my way out"

Current Employee - Advisory Associate in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Advisory Associate in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Good pay, work schedule is highly flexible during non-busy season hours, encouraged to take vacation, a lot of variety in the work your assigned.

Cons

Advisory has laid off too many people and are booking more projects than they can staff. This is resulting in staff members being double booked on projects and being booked on projects without the relevant background/training to be successful. Getting staffed on projects also depends on "who you know" and is not a fair process, such that some people over over utilized and others are doing nothing.

Advice to Management

Advisory seems to get restructured every few months. This is very confusing for the employees and we never know who we are reporting to. We also cannot develop meaningful relationships with our leadership when it keeps changing.