PwC - A great starting place for those who aren't sure what they really want to do | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PwC

"A great starting place for those who aren't sure what they really want to do"

Current Employee - Senior Associate - Advisory in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Senior Associate - Advisory in Dallas, TX

I have been working at PwC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent training opportunities, a wide variety of experience, formal and informal coaching, the ability to participate in meetings with senior level executives at a relatively low level within the firm

Cons

It can be difficult to break into another area of the firm unless you know someone. You can be perfectly qualified for a role on a given project but the manager/ director/ partner leading the team might not take you if you are an unknown.

Advice to Management

Great strides have been made regarding transparency in compensation, but most of it is backwards looking. It'd be nice to know, with a high degree of certainty, your earning potential at various levels. The tool that currently exists was not accurate for me at all.

Other Employee Reviews for PwC

1. "I enjoyed my tenure at PwC, A GREAT PLACE to work!!"

Former Employee - Ethics & Compliance Resource Center Manager in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at PwC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I enjoyed my tenure at PwC, A GREAT PLACE to work!!

Cons

None from me at this time

Advice to Management

None from me at this time

"Great place to start your career, then jump."

Former Employee - Advisory Director in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Advisory Director in San Jose, CA

I worked at PwC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay is good but oddly is heavily weighted towards salary instead of bonus. If you make friends with partners you will keep a steady stream of work, which is key. You can get as much work and get involved in as many things as you like, which gives you more exposure.

Cons

pwc is an up or out firm, no matter how they try to deny it. The forced grading on a curve ensures that some are forced into ratings that aren't necessarily accurate because they need to meet the arbitrary curve. one of the moments that sticks out to me most: at a director's meeting, an executive got up and talked about how its not important to be home to tuck your kids in bed at night or to be at every soccer game. According to him, being a parent, and what your kids remember are the "milestone moments" like when he rented out the dallas cowboys stadium for his kid's birthday. Sorry- being a parent IS about being there for all the small moments.

Advice to Management

pwc will continue to be a fast moving treadmill that people jump on and off of. Sometimes the machine is so big it doesn't matter who is in what spot, its just a job.