PwC - PwC is a great place to work with reasonable work/life balance. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PwC

"PwC is a great place to work with reasonable work/life balance."

Current Employee - Advisory Manager in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Advisory Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

Opportunity to grow professionally; great opportunity for career growth; good salary and overall compensation package; fantastic access to knowledge and qualified people.

Cons

Advisory typically requires a significant amount of travel which greatly reduces work/life balance. Traveling Monday through Thursday is very difficult. There are high expectations around client, firm, community and mentoring work. Moving to senior manager and then to partner is virtually impossible without doing all of that, unless you are a rainmaker.

Advice to Management

Give us access to better technology. Many of us work out of the office 99% of the time. Connectivy to firm resources is laughable. Please, for the love of God, migrate to Outlook. Lotus Notes died 10 years ago.

Other Employee Reviews for PwC

"PwC = People Working Constantly, No Work/Life Balance as promoted to lure in candidates"

Current Employee - IFS Senior Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - IFS Senior Associate in New York, NY

Pros

Definitely a lot of information available to learn from, especially in the Audit line of service. Good place to work for a few years and put it on your resume. If you want to become a partner, anticpate long hours, a lot of travelimjg, and missing your family (you'll know your secretary's family better tehn your own), but your get the partner paycheck.

A lot of young good looking female associates/ senior associates and managers in the NYC office. I'm sure they are very smart, but having a pretty face for a middle aged male partner doing the interviewing/hiring is definitely a bonus in getting your foot in the door, and bringing them to a client for a proposal meeting.

Cons

Working Contstantly, went form a job working 40 hours a week, some occasional overtime to PwC, I though i was getting a salary increase, in actuality I downgraded how much my salary is becuase if you break it down by hour, I am actually getting paid less now at PwC, becuase of the constant overtime that you are "required" to work. Unoffciially, "overtime" is not to be considered in performance reviews or are required or forced upon an individual, but unofficially OT is required and are calculated into your year end review and compared to your colleagues to see where you are.

Depending where you work in the firm, getting pigion holed very quickly, and lateral moves can be very hard to come by. Unless you have a CPA credential, which I don't, moving around can be somewhat difficult. NYC held a promotion day a few months after i started, and i asked if our team was going, Manager said, "No, no one ever gets promoted within our group." kinda of disheartening to hear.

Changing medical benefits in the firm to make the employees pay more, but lower monthly premiums.

Advice to Management

Stop promoting work/life balance, when you know its does not happen. want to retain more inidviduals, need to start advocating a work/life balanced and increase in salary, due to the amount of hours lower level employees work.

2. "Great on your resume, but work=life at the firm. so choose wisely"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Great learning ground for new graduates. You will get to touch a lot of areas within the firm.

Cons

No work life balance at the firm. Low paid compare to what the industry pays to the same level of staff

Advice to Management

Really care about what people need and want to stay longer with the firm