Q Sea Specialty Services - It was a fun and challenging job, but I was underpaid and never got promised raises or promotions. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Q Sea Specialty Services

"It was a fun and challenging job, but I was underpaid and never got promised raises or promotions."

Former Employee - Boxing Coordinator in Bellingham, WA
Former Employee - Boxing Coordinator in Bellingham, WA

Pros

The job is fun and interesting, with challenges that keep you on your toes. It's rewarding to see your orders completed and meet satisfied customers.

Cons

There seemed to be some strange politics at the top level of management, and those in the middle levels of management like myself rarely got promised or implied raises or promotions. We worked full time, be because it was seasonal, we did not get benefits. The hours were grueling, so even though there was plenty of overtime, we did not get adequate time off and sometimes not even enough sleep.

Advice to Management

Get people who work 40hrs plus benefits, give at least one day off a week regularly to employees, and don't imply or make promises that won't be kept. Figure out a system that works for management, and keep it going.

Other Employee Reviews for Q Sea Specialty Services

1. "Hard fast pace work with lots of hours in the season. A lot to learn if you are willing to learn it"

Current Employee - Salmon Proccessor in Bellingham, WA
    Current Employee - Salmon Proccessor in Bellingham, WA

Pros

To learn all the processes involved in the salmon field. Good teachers and clean environment

Cons

Low pay ,little hours in the slow season,absence is not a option. Little room for advancement

Advice to Management

Pay better,better benefits, better vacation