QBE - Constantly in "transformation mode" due to lack of leadership | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for QBE

"Constantly in "transformation mode" due to lack of leadership"

Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY
Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY

Pros

Average benefits and good co-workers. Everyone is trying very hard to move the firm forward.

Cons

The lines of business are run like little kingdoms by very myopic leaders. They are struggling to integrate acquired firms and have a lot to do before the firm can actually function properly.

Advice to Management

Think like one company, not six. Try to fix three or four issues at a time and do a few things really well. You can't do a hundred things really well. Improve communications.

Other Employee Reviews for QBE

1. "Temps are like cattle"

Current Employee - Claims Processor in Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Claims Processor in Lincoln, NE

Pros

Easy, brainless work and management does NOT care how much work you do or dont do.

Cons

They only really hire temps. They promise they will hire you on but they never do, they just fire a whole bunch and hire new ones. Ive never seen such a high turnover rate anywere I have worked. You get NOTHING other than a paycheck, and when I say nothing I mean NOTHING.

Advice to Management

Hire some temps and focus on productivity and you will have some loyal happy employees who will make you ALOT more money.

2. "Six wasted months of my life I'll never get back."

Former Employee - Production Specialist II in Coraopolis, PA
    Former Employee - Production Specialist II in Coraopolis, PA

Pros

My peers were great people.

Cons

Treated like you don't matter. They hire temps from agencies and treat them like they're 3rd class citizens and won't even allow them to use office supplies with the company logo on it.

Advice to Management

Try hiring people that know how to perform their job function instead of the cheapest person they can find. Maybe hire a few of the temps instead.