QBE - I never had a bad experience at QBE until they downsized and put a spvr/mgr in charge that doesn't know what she's doing | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for QBE

"I never had a bad experience at QBE until they downsized and put a spvr/mgr in charge that doesn't know what she's doing"

Current Employee - Underwriter in Overland Park, KS
Current Employee - Underwriter in Overland Park, KS

Pros

Great health insurance, good pay

Cons

Poor supervisor's/manager's making bad decisions. Over worked and under paid. Our boss plays favoritism. If you like to shop instead of work you'll like our boss. I like to work and do a great job, but our boss gets all the credit. Our boss hardly ever works, but upper management doesn't know that.

Advice to Management

Take a good look at what supervisor's are doing to QBE. QBE would be surprised to see how often one particular supervisor/manager in QBE Agri OP,KS actually works.

Other Employee Reviews for QBE

"Constantly in "transformation mode" due to lack of leadership"

Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY

Pros

Average benefits and good co-workers. Everyone is trying very hard to move the firm forward.

Cons

The lines of business are run like little kingdoms by very myopic leaders. They are struggling to integrate acquired firms and have a lot to do before the firm can actually function properly.

Advice to Management

Think like one company, not six. Try to fix three or four issues at a time and do a few things really well. You can't do a hundred things really well. Improve communications.

2. "Temps are like cattle"

Current Employee - Claims Processor in Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Claims Processor in Lincoln, NE

Pros

Easy, brainless work and management does NOT care how much work you do or dont do.

Cons

They only really hire temps. They promise they will hire you on but they never do, they just fire a whole bunch and hire new ones. Ive never seen such a high turnover rate anywere I have worked. You get NOTHING other than a paycheck, and when I say nothing I mean NOTHING.

Advice to Management

Hire some temps and focus on productivity and you will have some loyal happy employees who will make you ALOT more money.