QIAGEN - Not the best time to join them... | Glassdoor

"Not the best time to join them..."

Former Employee - Applications Specialist

I worked at QIAGEN full-time for less than a year

Pros

I think upper management tries the best they could. Their hands are tied up by things above them that they have no control over. I applaud their positive attitude.

Cons

There's a lot of disarray going on with the company right now. There are 3 branches and 2 of the 3 branches have basically lost all of their business. It's frustrating becaue management still keeps saying everything is fine but some of us haven't had work in 3+ months. On the branch I was on, it's like the staff is already checked out. There is zero teamwork and comraderie. I have never worked with a "drier"... group of people who just have no interest in working together or sharing ideas as a team. I felt like I was on an Island. Lastly, since the day I started, it sounds like they have a lot of plans that they repeat over and over again but nothing has come to fruitation. It makes me wonder what anyone is doing...

Advice to Management

It feels like management isn't talking to anyone about what's going on. People are really worried about their jobs yet they seem to continue to hire people even though there are people who haven't worked in months. There's only so much time stockholders are going to be okay with paying all these people to stay home.

QIAGEN2018-06-13
  1. "A rewarding and diverse work environment with a tremendous sense of unity"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Waltham, MA

I have been working at QIAGEN full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Great feeling of contributing to make a difference in the health care sector -Agile and strong participation in daily operation -Management understanding of personal life constraints

Cons

The only downside would be the challenge of working with an organization with subsidiaries around the world and in various time zones

Advice to Management

Continue working at retaining talent and loyal employees

QIAGEN2019-05-01

"Good company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer

I have been working at QIAGEN full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Provides many training opportunities both internally and externally with a nice working environment

Cons

Not always the most competitive in salary. Also once you have completed said training, there may not always been a plan/direction for you to use it. QIAGEN has a lot of good plans and ideas, but does not always have the human resources to do it all.

QIAGEN2019-07-15

Discover more reviews about QIAGEN.