QVC - Focus and plan | Glassdoor

"Focus and plan"

Current Employee - Director in West Chester, PA
Current Employee - Director in West Chester, PA

Pros

QVC has the financial and people resources to accomplish growth of business and staff. They offer solid compensation on a monetary and benefits side. There are opportunities for personal career growth at this company. The pace initially can be daunting to outsiders because of the complexity of the organizations.

Cons

The 24 x 7 nature can mean no line between work and home in demands and expectations. This leads to burn out or just mistakes to get it done. This can happen in many parts of the company but many people stay.

Advice to Management

Focus on fewer major initiatives but plan and resource them to win. We would have more overall wins rather than a mixed bag.

Other Employee Reviews for QVC

"One can work at QVC and have a healthy life outside of work. People seem to stay here for a long time."

Current Employee - IT Developer III in West Chester, PA
    Current Employee - IT Developer III in West Chester, PA

Pros

Employees can have a healthy, balanced life outside of work. I see employees walking or jogging outside at lunch. There is also flex-time. Some employees work from home on two days out of the week. Others work Monday through Thursday for 10 hours and take Fridays off. There's two weeks of vacation for employees that have been at the company less than 5 years. Employees that have been with the company for 5 - 10 years get three weeks vacation. More than 10 years earns 4 weeks of vacation a year. People speak to each other around the building and seem genuinely happy. People like to get dressed up for work here as well. It's not unusual to see 4 1/2 inch heels and a-line skirts, which doesn't bother me a bit.

Cons

I see a lot of IT people here who don't appear terribly bright to me. Some of the legacy mainframe developers don't strike me as geniuses. There are some really bright Java developers here, but there are also some developers that seem to be skating as well. I'd prefer to be in a high-energy creative product development environment and be around the kind of people that type of environment attracts.

Salaries aren't super-competitive here. The benefits and quality of life make up the difference to me, however.

A haven't met many people here who are self-aware either. Maybe that's true at most companies, I don't know.

Advice to Management

None.

2. "QVC is a great place to work."

Current Employee - Current Employee in West Chester, PA
    Current Employee - Current Employee in West Chester, PA

Pros

QVC is a great company to work for - there are great opportunities for employees to grow and learn.

Cons

QVC is going through some changes now - they are positive changes but there will be some growing pains along the way.

Advice to Management

Continue to stay focused on your employees.