Qivliq - great environment | Glassdoor

"great environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Pros

this a flexible organization dedicated to retaining both clients and employees alike. Best place I have ever worked.

Cons

A little disorganized, but overall a great place to work. Its growing at a fast rate so the minor details get missed, but that is to be expected.

Advice to Management

Need a better organizational structure, which will come with time. There is a lot of growth, so the growing pains will fade.

Other Employee Reviews for Qivliq

1. "Pays well, corporate hands-off"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Qivliq as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working for Qivliq and other sister companies and have had a good experience. Occasional visits from HQ employees to check in on our project.

Cons

Being remote from HQ, it's easy to be forgotten, however it seems to be the norm for remote contract projects.

Advice to Management

Be more involved with your remote employees. Make everyone feel they belong to the company, and aren't being used temporarily.

2. "Qivliq = Akima = Meh. On the face of everything, they are supposed to do good, but in reality they are very shady."

Current Employee - Business Development in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Business Development in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Qivliq full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The biggest "pro" was a paycheck, although it was barely living wage for Northern Virginia. The other "pro" is that your work is supposed to help the shareholders (the natives back in Alaska), but the only ones getting rich are the executives at Qivliq or whatever they've changed their name to now... What is it? Akima?

Cons

The are very shady with communications to staff. You find out everything through rumor and speculation. As soon as they grow to big and must graduate from the 8a program, they "retire" the company name and replace it with one of the smaller subsidiary company names all to keep the scam alive. They keep salaries low and below industry averages because you're "helping the shareholders", but I happen to know that they don't receive much money. They pushed a lot of "family values" nonsense, but when they wanted to eliminate people for no good reason, they certainly didn't treat people like family then. Unless you are somehow connected to a shareholder or are an executive's kid, you can forget the chance of much advancement. Also, forget making any decisions of your own based out of your professional experience. When I was there, you couldn't even burp without running it up the flagpole. My advice? Go elsewhere if you are a seasoned professional. If you are just getting into the job market or like abuse, lies, and deceit, have at it!

Advice to Management

Learn to be honest with your staff.