KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fantastic work

May 5, 2017 - ESL Teacher in Rexburg, ID
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working for JiuQu is really wonderful. I've been working for them for over half a year and I've not had problems with management; they really easy to work with and really some of the friendliest bosses (if not people) I've worked with. And I love teaching the kids! They're so cute and so much fun! I like teaching the children that can speak a little more English, but I know other teachers who like teachers beginners more. You'll get every experience. It's also really great part-time pay. Base pay is $16 but super easy to reach bonuses to get $20 an hour. I also move a lot, so it's really convenient and nice to have steady work wherever I go (even though it's just part time). I know I'll always have work and income. It's also great work experience, especially if you want to continue doing ESL work (which I am pursuing). For many, it'll just be part-time work, but it is literally the best part-time work you'll ever find.

Cons

-Depending on where you live (the further west in the US the earlier you have to get up to teach) it can be very early in the morning, which can be a little rough if you go to bed late. -There can be some minor technical issues with the software. But usually, it's on the students' end. For example, their mics won't work so you can't hear them or their camera's broken so you can see them. It can make things a little more difficult.

Continue reading
    51 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Great company

Aug 10, 2022 - English Teacher
    Business Outlook

Pros

Loved working with the kids and teaching English.

Cons

At first you don’t get as many classes to teach but once you get established you get more.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Former Contractor

So much fun

Aug 7, 2022 - Esol Teacher
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule,great technology, wonderful students and staff

Cons

Time difference makes hours either very early it very late

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Qkids.

Qkids Photos

+ Add Photo
Qkids photo of: Qkids HQ
Qkids photo of: Qkids teacher trip to China&Year-end party
Qkids photo of: Qkids-TESOL Global Partnership Signing
Qkids photo of: Qkids on New York Times Square
Qkids photo of: Qkids on New York Times Square
Qkids photo of: Qkids mascots Koby(left) and Momo(right)
Qkids photo of: Qkids Guangzhou Office Lobby