KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Employee

ESL teacher

Aug 28, 2017 - ESL Teacher
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working for JiuQu for about 3 months now and its really a breath of fresh air. Their program has all the lessons loaded on to it, which includes games! The children really love the interactive parts that are added into the lesson. I am always given classes on the times and days that I am available which is great because they are also super helpful and flexible when it comes to me needing time off. Love to open up the classroom and see the smiling faces of children eager to learn, we enjoy many laughs in the 30 minutes we share together. It's also really great part-time pay. Base pay is $16 but super easy to reach bonuses to get $20 an hour. This is the best job I've ever had!

Cons

During class when a tech problem arises, it is sometimes hard to get into contact with service desk...this is where self problem solving comes into play and I don't get a response for almost hours later after class is over. The program could have some minor things updated and also some more stickers for the children! They ask for stickers that I don't have(such as animals, cars, and other things of this nature) Wish there was more time slots that could be open for us... some of us are willing to have the late hour time slots! NOT JUST IN THE SUMMER! Also right now we can only see an average number as our rating. It would be nice to be able to see the actual feedback from the parents ourselves rather than having to ask our trainer, who may not get back to us for a bit.

Continue reading
  1. 5.0
    Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Great company

Aug 10, 2022 - English Teacher
    Business Outlook

Pros

Loved working with the kids and teaching English.

Cons

At first you don’t get as many classes to teach but once you get established you get more.

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Very Understanding Laid Back Company

Jun 11, 2022 - Online English Tutor
    Business Outlook

Pros

The staff is very responsive and always willing to help with absolutely anything, from class materials, tech issues, to needing to reschedule/cancel classes. They really go above and beyond. Always friendly. Easy to hit bonuses (see cons below about bonus structure) Flexible Schedule Very easy to follow Pre-planned lessons

Cons

The pay/hr is misleading to those interested in the company because you do not actually get paid per hour. You are paid/lesson which is less than 30 minutes. You are not compensated for the short breaks in between classes, So a full "hour" of pay would actually be a little more than an hour of work. Little incentives or room for career growth. The bonuses are easy to hit but they do not add that much to your pay. That can be disheartening after teaching for months or years and you are still getting the same pay as someone who is a new hire and who also may be a worse teacher. Lessons (especially beginner lessons) become extremely boring. This becomes easier after your first contract since the many of the beginner lessons are put on new teachers.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Qkids.

Qkids Photos

+ Add Photo
Qkids photo of: Qkids HQ
Qkids photo of: Qkids teacher trip to China&Year-end party
Qkids photo of: Qkids-TESOL Global Partnership Signing
Qkids photo of: Qkids on New York Times Square
Qkids photo of: Qkids on New York Times Square
Qkids photo of: Qkids mascots Koby(left) and Momo(right)
Qkids photo of: Qkids Guangzhou Office Lobby