Quake Global - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Quake Global

"The Good, the Bad and the Ugly"

Current Employee - Manager in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Quake Global full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The good would be 1) co workers are very friendly and helpful, 2) if you do very well, promotion is a given...and they promote well and 3) very driven CEO. Therefore this leads to the bad which are 1) need to be ambitious and driven person to be able to survive, 2) too many things going on so you'll need to be able to juggle like crazy and 3) no one looks over your shoulder so you're not micro managed. That said it really does take a certain personality to be able to handle this work environment. I've seen all the negative postings and I can see their point however it's easily rectifiable. There are certain areas of improvement and I actually have seen the changes through the years I've been on board.

Cons

The Ugly would be 1) still cannot work remotely, 2) limited online access and 3) can't think of any more to add.

Advice to Management

"My job is not to be easy on people. My job is to make them better." - Steve Jobs

Other Employee Reviews for Quake Global

1. "You can't handle the TRUTH!"

Current Employee - Jack of All Trades in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Jack of All Trades in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Quake Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wonderful coworkers
    Half day Friday
    Birthday Holiday
    Great benefits

I look at these negative posts and I chuckle. It's amazing what kind of rants people can come with. That said, let me address the most palpable issue discussed here, this being upper management dictating employees to write positive reviews here on Glassdoor, which in my mind, is utterly ridiculous (that's why I chuckle). First, I'm not even sure if upper management is even aware of glassdoor and I stand witness to this as I brought glassdoor's reviews to the CEO's attention during my interview and she didn't know what I was talking about...so I leave this up to potential employees' discretion.

I completely agree that you'll need to be driven and ambitious to thrive at Quake, however any growing companies no matter what industry would need individuals that have this kind of drive. I find it challenging and look forward to it. I can go on and on about advantages in being employed at Quake however it's always better to keep things short and sweet otherwise you lose your audience. :)

Cons

cant listen to pandora :( on your pc.

Advice to Management

“Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom.” - Albert Einstein

2. "It was a rewarding opportunity to work with a group of very intelligent people."

Former Intern - Testing Intern in San Diego, CA
    Former Intern - Testing Intern in San Diego, CA

I worked at Quake Global as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Helpful and friendly co-workers, comfortable work environment, very interesting field of work.

Cons

It was a little bit slow becoming entirely familiar with the product.