Qualcomm - Qualcomm employer review | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

"Qualcomm employer review"

Current Employee - Interim Engineering Intern in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Interim Engineering Intern in San Diego, CA

Pros

It is exciting to work for a company that is so successful at what it does. Everyone is extremely smart and there is opportunity for personal and career growth. Also, you can't beat a location like San Diego. It's one of the best places in the world to live and work in.

Cons

Same as the downsides for working for any large company. It is sometimes hard to get a good idea of what your work will go to help out the strategic goals of the organization. In a smaller company a single person's work is directly impacting to the success of the company.

Advice to Management

They could implement more efficient and frequent communication with the employees and have a way of transmitting ideas up to them.

Other Employee Reviews for Qualcomm

1. "Our humble leader, always looking out for the company, it's employees, and their long term success."

Current Employee - Staff Staffing Specialist in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Staffing Specialist in San Diego, CA

Pros

The people. The technology. The excitement. Always so much to learn here and each day is different. There are many support structures here (tools/team/mgmt) and communication flows very well. Qualcomm is a big company, yet moves very quickly in an ever changing/evolving market place. We are very well positioned in multiple areas these days. QCT Chips are selling more than ever and CDMA continues to expand (WCDMA/CDMA2000), MediaFLO (broadcast mobile TV), Firethorn (mobile commerce), QIS (Brew apps, Qchat). QC continues to spend over $1B a year in R&D and we are coming out with many compelling products. From multiple personal devices, to medical, to logistics, etc.

Cons

None that I have come accross in my two years. I have worked for about 10 other companies over the last 10 years (most have been contracts) and I am more impressed with what I see here at QC than at any other place I have worked at. They really take care of their people here and our attrition rate is incredibly low - MUCH lower than industry standard - which says a lot. I am, for the first time in nearly a decade, still excited about my career and QC. I finally found a place in which I want to work for long term and build my career.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach - which most do here. Coach rather than manage.

2. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Staffing Specialist in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Staffing Specialist in San Diego, CA

Pros

Challenges, benefits, culture, technology, industry

Cons

Bureaucratic, training & development, salary compression

Advice to Management

Look at your motivated employees internally before hiring outside the firm