Qualcomm - IT not a place to work for | Glassdoor

"IT not a place to work for"

Current Employee - IT Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Qualcomm full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good benefits good weather decent pay good location good work life balance in IT

Cons

Bad mgmt IT is a cost center Nepotism and favoritism No meritocracy

Qualcomm2019-11-21
  1. "Good experience!"

Former Intern - Machine Learning Intern in San Diego, CA

I worked at Qualcomm for less than a year

Pros

Learned a lot! Team has strong ml background - very smart/intelligent people - everyone was absurdly nice & relaxed. Pretty good pay, interesting work, private office, ideas taken seriously & integrated into meetings, food at AZ is good, free gym pass & parking, housing is provided & great, cool intern activities. Got to observe some minor inter-team drama that was exciting. Attending the company-sponsored meetings was a cool experience.

Cons

Teams are segregated - my team comprised of mostly ML/DS guys, there can be tighter integration with chip guys, there could have been a little notification about the project topic so I can prepare before the summer. Qualcomm IP hoarder -> hard to publish results.

Advice to Management

The group I worked in is composed almost entirely of pure ml/ds guys. There are academic groups that focus on ml + layout design. I would say try to hire a couple people from those groups rather than just the run-of-the-mill ML students to stay competitive with top performers in ai-driven IC design like Nvidia, Cadence, etc.. Publishing is one way to attract serious talent! Check out the publications at DAC/ICCAD by NVIDIA & Cadence to see examples.

Qualcomm2019-11-12
  2. "System Analyst"

Former Employee - Systems Analyst

I worked at Qualcomm full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good environment More scope to learn Good salary

Cons

Not much hikes at times

Qualcomm2020-01-28

Discover more reviews about Qualcomm.