Qualcomm - Very good place to work. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Qualcomm

"Very good place to work."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Qualcomm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best mentor, manager and teammates I can ever imagine. Great opportunities to learn from the most talented and experienced people in this field.

Cons

Parking lot was once a pain, but now I would say progress when working with some other team may not be that efficient as desired. I guess this is a common issue among large IT companies.

Advice to Management

I think I have already got the best managers.

Other Employee Reviews for Qualcomm

"Your mileage may vary depending on the management chain above you"

Former Employee - Staff Product Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Staff Product Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Qualcomm full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

At the working cross - functional level, the teamwork is phenomenal. In fact, I would say that is the key to Qualcomm's success has been the quality of the teams executing. There is a lot of mutual respect and get the job done can do attitude. A lot of smart people that work incredible hours to achieve success. I have nothing but good things to say about the people i worked with on a day-by-day basis.

Good compensation and benefits.

Cons

In some departments, the management chain is dysfunctional. In my particular experience, some of us at the working level were excluded and isolated from information from above but at the same time, being held accountable to act with that information. VP and SVP levels clearly lack leadership skills or the ability to leverage the people under them in an effective, unified team. Again, this is not universal across Qualcomm. It all depends on which department you end up.

Advice to Management

Advice to the executive management: Take a close look at your senior management (SVP, VP) level and ask yourself if they have the necessary leadership and fundamental management skill to leverage the strengths of the people under their control for the good of the organization. I many cases, yes, in some cases, clearly not. Take steps to fix that situation.

2. "Like a start-up, but without the cash flow issues."

Current Employee - Director of Engineering in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Engineering in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Qualcomm full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Lots of cutting edge wireless/embedded software work, across both 3G and 4G technologies. Highly competent engineering workforce, fairly grueling interview process. Good pay and benefits, no issues with career advancement if you're capable and willing to put in the effort.

Cons

Not a sweatshop, but can be very demanding at times. You must assert your own work/life balance, or the work and culture behind it will demand more and more from you.

Advice to Management

Company culture is eroding in the face of increasing industry competition; upper management should try to hold on to the engineering-driven-company qualities that (still) make Qualcomm a special place to work.