Qualcomm - Awesome HR and accommodations, but the work could have been more interesting. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Qualcomm

"Awesome HR and accommodations, but the work could have been more interesting."

Former Intern - Interim Engineering Intern in San Diego, CA
Former Intern - Interim Engineering Intern in San Diego, CA

I worked at Qualcomm as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Good work life balance, competitive pay, San Diego is beautiful, brilliant coworkers, housing and relocation was completely covered, R&D projects are very good, stable job outlook, HR (Campus Team) is by far the best of any company I've ever dealt with, great mentorship, executive speaker series, and they even held an intern hackathon

Cons

We didn't use agile software development, so there was very little flexibility or change as your project progressed. I had a project that was almost identical to the project that I had done the summer before at a different company. Projects are assigned based on what you have a proven track record of doing, and not what you want to do in the future. Shuttles go in loops around campus, and can take 15+ minutes to pick you up if you don't time it right. You could get banned from using the shuttles if you abuse them by taking them to an office that's closer to a mall/food court.

Advice to Management

Work across divisions and teams more.

Other Employee Reviews for Qualcomm

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - IT Engineer, Senior Staff in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - IT Engineer, Senior Staff in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Qualcomm full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

High stress, but high reward environment. Always new, interesing projects to work on. Compensated very well. I was promoted in a short amount of time and my Director has big plans for me downt he road.

Cons

Hard to strike a good work/life balance if you want to keep advancing. If you slow down to only 40-45 hrs a week, you are falling behind. Twice a year review process is a waste of everyone's time. Filling out 10-15 3rd party appraisals plus my own self review twice a year makes no sense.

Advice to Management

Budget cuts have cut out small rewards. Don't penny pinch on the little things.

2. "One of the best companies to work for & build your career"

Current Employee - Design Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Design Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Qualcomm full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

-- Best in class benefits compared to industry peers
    -- Lot of freedom to do your job, participate in cross functional projects & opportunity to learn cutting edge technology

Cons

-- Nothing I can think of. Company is getting big, so you may not have same opportunities to get to work on important projects as 10 years back. You have to have some patience & earn that opportunity

Advice to Management

You are doing great job, continue to foster the execution focused culture. Continue to work with a mindset of the largest semiconductor start-up...