Quality Dining - Applied as an Assistant Manager and ended as a Kitchen Manager. How? Relying on their word. | Glassdoor
  1. "Applied as an Assistant Manager and ended as a Kitchen Manager. How? Relying on their word."

Former Employee - Kitchen Manager in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Quality Dining full-time for less than a year

Pros

There is a lot of room for opportunity with many either terminated or walked off. That includes all positions. Crew, Leads, Kitchen Manager's, Assistant Manager's, General Manager's, and District Manager's are all needed.

Cons

I applied to be an Assistant Manager for $12/hour. Was told to learn the kitchen for 3 months at $9.50/hour before I can move on to Assistant Manager. 4 Months has gone by with Regional and District managers telling me they are going to discuss my future with me in the next week. Sadly both managers told me that 4 weeks ago. I helped open and operate the 2nd most profitable kitchens in the franchise delegating... around 10 employee's a times for $9.50/hour. Most crew earned more than did doing much less work.

Advice to Management

After multiple employee's walk off over the short amount of time I have been with this company, I can definitely say that this is a management issue. I joined this franchise wanting an opportunity to learn how to be a better manager. I did not anticipate my education coming from this company to be, " What not to do" as a manager. Communication is a huge factor in this issue. I personally have seen communication be... addressed by our President, John C so I am at a loss as to why this is not an understanding to those above me but below our president.

Quality Dining2018-04-01

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Concessions Cashier at Covelewski Stadium"

I worked at Quality Dining part-time

Pros

Great people, treated fairly, never ran in to a problem regarding scheduling or pay.

Cons

Some people were just there for a paycheck

Quality Dining2018-03-23

"Terrible for IT"

Former Employee - Technical Services Analyst in Mishawaka, IN

I worked at Quality Dining full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Most co-workers and managers were great to work with.

Cons

They hire unqualified people and you end up pulling the load for them. Best, most qualified employees quit or were fired. You're treated differently (negatively) if you don't attend the same church as managers and other employees. Pay is terrible, and everyone is lumped under the same job title to justify it. Owner family are rude and unprofessional. CEO randomly takes away vacation and benefits.

Advice to Management

Grow up and stop being rude to employees. Pay people for the job they do. Stop the church nepotism.

Quality Dining2019-05-01

Discover more reviews about Quality Dining.