Quantronix - Dishonest, disrespectful, greedy | Glassdoor

"Dishonest, disrespectful, greedy"

Former Contractor - Software Engineer in Boston, MA
Former Contractor - Software Engineer in Boston, MA

I worked at Quantronix as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Access to some high-level companies, including some major financial firms in and around the Boston area.

Cons

When I worked for them back in 2004, the company appeared to be a small partnership, headquartered out of the partners' home offices. Their recruiters, obviously freelancers, misled me as to the possibility of working as a "corp-to-corp" contractor, as did their partners once I had accepted the position as a W-2 contractor with the aim of converting to corp-to-corp down the line. When I'd gotten my paperwork together to make the conversion, they threw up all sorts of imaginary legal objections. Their other partner, meanwhile, showed up out of the blue at my offices one day and attempted to intimidate me into giving him information about the client company so that they could place other contractors there. While I at the time held a Green Card, others I worked with who were applying for them through Quantronix were chronically underpaid, overworked, and constantly threatened that their Green Card applications would be revoked if they didn't abide by this company's onerous obligations. I left my position after a few months and went on to contract (corp-to-corp) very successfully at a number of other locales. It appears that Quantronix uses the legal definitions of "prevailing wage" to compensate their contractor staff at the bare minimum required by the law while billing such staffers out at maximum rates, making use of their established relationships to do so. This fits the definition of "body shop" and should not be tolerated by the business community.

Other Employee Reviews for Quantronix

1. "Sr. IT Recruiter"

Pros

Good Environment to work in organization.

Cons

stability in growth while working.

2. "Very friendly atmosphere to work in"

I worked at Quantronix full-time

Pros

Everyone is very friendly and helpful in day to day problems

Cons

Cannot think of any cons here.