Quest Diagnostics - Really only cares about money not patients or employees | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Quest Diagnostics

"Really only cares about money not patients or employees"

Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Ventura, CA
Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Ventura, CA

I have been working at Quest Diagnostics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Has some good benefits and a few employee discounts

Cons

Mostly only hire part time,are good at telling you what u do wrong and not praising for good things. Managers worry too much about THEIR budget and hire as little help as possible. They worry too much about pt wait time and not quality of specimen so employees stress on that instead of processing. They have phlebs doing entering data, drawing, and now collecting money but still expect to hurry. The quicker we r the more pts, the more money.

Advice to Management

Hire more help train your supervises to compliment work well done and really mean quests cares about patients and employees not just pretend

Other Employee Reviews for Quest Diagnostics

"Not appreciated"

Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Bridgeport, CT
    Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Bridgeport, CT

I have been working at Quest Diagnostics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working hours flexible, benefits are excellent

Cons

Supervisor talks to you as if your a kid. Raises are based on how much you already make not on performance. Pushes you to do more n move faster but if you make a mistake your fired. No room for growth. I don't feel appreciated even though I get a lot of shout outs from my patients. I'm here bcuz of the hours but seriously thinking about leaving n going w/ CLP.

Advice to Management

Talk to your employees with respect some of us are older than you.

2. "Pre-Analytical Technician III"

Current Employee - Pre-Analyttcal Technician III in Tucker, GA
    Current Employee - Pre-Analyttcal Technician III in Tucker, GA

I have been working at Quest Diagnostics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Quest Diagnostics company as a whole is a great company with great benefits. Unless you area Medical Technologist this company should be used a merely a stepping stone.

Cons

Though the company is great, each business unit is different. The Atlanta business unit is by far the worst of them all. Poorly run. Management has a disconnect with line level employees. Hard work is rarely rewarded and though there are many outlets for an employees discontent, issues are hardly ever resolved. Pay is low.

Advice to Management

Be more involved in the day to day dealings of your departments and do not encourage foolishness in the deaprtments. It kills the moral of good employees and hinders the retension of good employees. Treat employees with the respect you with to receive.