Quest Diagnostics - Good Benifits | Glassdoor

"Good Benifits"

Current Employee - Interoffice Phlebotomist Floater in Miami, FL
Current Employee - Interoffice Phlebotomist Floater in Miami, FL

I have been working at Quest Diagnostics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great 401k and Health Plans

Cons

Health Insurance went up this year

Other Employee Reviews for Quest Diagnostics

1. "One of the best experiences I had"

Former Employee - Billing Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Billing Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL

I worked at Quest Diagnostics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Quest Diagnostic is a very well established company that offers a generous compensation package. I enjoyed working here and all the friends and teammates I met. General hours of operation is 9am-5pm M-F. Medical/Dental and Vacation time accrues with each pay period. For the first year of working you can accrue more than 3 weeks vacation time which is unheard of in any organization. It's right behind Busch Gardens and I was fortunate enough to sit by the window to enjoy watching vacationers enjoying the Tampa lime life.

Cons

No sick time and when I caught the flu I brought in a doctor's letter which the supervisor didn't acknowledge because there is a no-fault policy in place. In other words, even if you're in the hospital, you will accrue occurrences for the days you're out, and could possibly be written up (depending on how many occurrences you already have). This is the only down-side to the company.

Advice to Management

Every company should at least hear what concerns the employees have. That's how we learn what we need to do to keep all of us happy...Employees, Employers and Patients alike.

2. "The last two years have been difficult for everyone with all of the layoffs and work redistribution."

Current Employee - Logistics Supervisor in Metairie, LA
    Current Employee - Logistics Supervisor in Metairie, LA

I have been working at Quest Diagnostics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Medical Benefits are at the top of industry for cost and coverage. A very diverse group of people to work with. Employees get free bloodwork results.

Cons

All of the company sponsered parties and fun things at work have all but disappeared. The company regards employees more than the supervisors and are quick to appease the frontline employees.

Advice to Management

Learn to value your employees more, it is more cost effective to retrain an existing employee than to start over with a new hire in most cases. The peer review process needs serious work to make it right.