Quest Diagnostics - Good, but limited in the lab by what licenses you do or do not have | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Quest Diagnostics

"Good, but limited in the lab by what licenses you do or do not have"

Current Employee - Lab Associate I in Sacramento, CA
Current Employee - Lab Associate I in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Quest Diagnostics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pretty steady work schedule. I have a great manager who was flexible and encouraging as I finished my degree. A big company means more benefits offered to employees such as a variety of health care providers, legal plans, and health and wellness initiatives

Cons

Repetitive work in the laboratory since the volume of work is so high that can lead to repetitive motion injuries. Each department has its own dynamics, so it depends where you go. Most departments have work that spreads over a couple of different shifts. Pay is not as great as compared to hospitals.

Other Employee Reviews for Quest Diagnostics

"Realtively easy interview; mostly discussion regarding my experience and behavioral questions"

Current Employee - Process Improvement
    Current Employee - Process Improvement

I have been working at Quest Diagnostics full-time

Pros

Great company benefits. Do your job and recognition will follow

Cons

If you don't do your job, termination is swift.

Advice to Management

Everybody that performs well in a non-management role, does not automatically make a good supervisor.

"Don't Get Stuck Here!"

Current Employee - Tele-interviewer I in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Tele-interviewer I in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Quest Diagnostics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Short distance from home to work. Near different gas stations and restaurants for break.

Cons

Low Pay. Immature work environment. Too much overtime that is told from management at the last minute. High Turnover. Will hire just about anyone without a felony. If you are desperate and in need of money, apply. However, don't get too settled because once you're in you'll never want to leave and then you'll be stuck. Stuck year after year with no new title or growth.

Advice to Management

Hire mature team leads who don't gossip about employees. Allow employees to choose their own cubicle space to prevent a hostile work environment. Have experienced and seasoned tele-interviewers promoted first, not new hires.