Quest Diagnostics - Sad | Glassdoor

"Sad"

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Lyndhurst, NJ
Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Lyndhurst, NJ

I have been working at Quest Diagnostics full-time

Pros

Direct Management was attentive, very busy but very comfortable atmosphere. Flexable work from home schedule as well

Cons

Sad to say when the new regime was brought in CEO and company, they decided to outsource infrastructure that was the only Con

Advice to Management

Senior Management should learn how to value employees before outsourcing jobs outside the country. Maybe take a look within themselves where they can save money.

Other Employee Reviews for Quest Diagnostics

1. "Frustrating"

Former Employee - Medical Transcriptionist in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Medical Transcriptionist in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Quest Diagnostics full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The hours I worked (7am-3:30pm) were great, the people were great, I worked independently and enjoyed that, the doctors I worked for were pleasant and all in all it was a nice environment in the Buffalo, New York site.

Cons

My supervisor who was in Pittsburgh seldom answered emails - any concerns or questions were not addressed, raises were minuscule regardless of the amount of work done (which was something that was told to us when this person became supervisor and did not happen). The supervisor was inadequate and ill informed and neglected personnel repeatedly.

Advice to Management

Hire people who can do the job, it seems certain people are hired and/or promoted who have no knowledge or experience and are inadequate to perform the functions of the position. Quest has a lot of unhappy employees whose concerns are ignored.

2. "A TERRIBLE PLACE TO WORK"

Current Employee - Phlebotomist
    Current Employee - Phlebotomist

I have been working at Quest Diagnostics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Benefits, and I cannot really think of anything else but this as to have a minimum of 20 words.

Cons

You cannot use those good benefits because you cannot afford the rising co-pays/deductibles.

Favoritism is rampant. Trying to get time off if you are not one of the favorite employees is like pulling teeth, yet my team lead as had about a week off every month since she started as the lead this past December. Kind of odd you would think till you discover that she is the one who creates the monthly work schedules and arranges everyone's time off.

If you let them they will use you till you drop of health problems. And if you stand up for yourself they insult you and attempt to make your work life hell.

They keep trying to "fix" the company through "one size fits all" policies rather fix the major problems staring them in the face. You feel under valued as an employee if you are not in some sort of corporate setting. Recently combined all HR into a "HR SERVICE CENTER" pretty much like calling a help desk. You no longer have a specific rep assigned to your area. So trying to get the same rep every time is pretty much impossible.

They send out an employee survey each year and each year the response is less and less. I believe this past year the response in my region was less then 17%. In the past 4 years of working for Quest the exact same problems are brought up by employees every year and every year Quest says we are going to work on and fix these. Every year they end up "fixing" problems that were not only not on the list but nobody knew these "problems" even existed.

I have to have a good working knowledge of 4 computer systems, 2 of which I am pretty sure were designed in the early 80s before I was born, yet I am in the lowest paid bracket of the company. Hell, just for knowing those systems I should get higher pay, let alone my Phlebotomy skills

My best advice for anyone looking for a job at Quest is don't. Don't even try, the benefits are not worth the trouble.

Advice to Management

Look at how many different computer systems the average Phleb has to have a good working knowledge of. Now ask yourself, Why do our lowest paid employees have to know how to work 4 different computer systems, 2 of which were built in the 80s? Fix that mess and you'll fix the company.