Quest Diagnostics - Pleasurable experience | Glassdoor

"Pleasurable experience"

I worked at Quest Diagnostics full-time

Pros

I had a great immediate management team.

Cons

There were no concrete decisions. Some things were based on someone's mood.

Other Employee Reviews for Quest Diagnostics

1. "Salt Mine work environment"

I worked at Quest Diagnostics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Starting salary and company name if that is important to you

Cons

Company was dishonest during the interview; not forthright about the position, how long it had been vacant and why such high turnover in the position. Focussed on the dollar and not the employee. Treats even salaried employees like slaves.

Advice to Management

Be as honest with a candidate as you expect candidates to be with you.

2. "A TERRIBLE PLACE TO WORK"

Current Employee - Phlebotomist
    Current Employee - Phlebotomist

I have been working at Quest Diagnostics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Benefits, and I cannot really think of anything else but this as to have a minimum of 20 words.

Cons

You cannot use those good benefits because you cannot afford the rising co-pays/deductibles.

Favoritism is rampant. Trying to get time off if you are not one of the favorite employees is like pulling teeth, yet my team lead as had about a week off every month since she started as the lead this past December. Kind of odd you would think till you discover that she is the one who creates the monthly work schedules and arranges everyone's time off.

If you let them they will use you till you drop of health problems. And if you stand up for yourself they insult you and attempt to make your work life hell.

They keep trying to "fix" the company through "one size fits all" policies rather fix the major problems staring them in the face. You feel under valued as an employee if you are not in some sort of corporate setting. Recently combined all HR into a "HR SERVICE CENTER" pretty much like calling a help desk. You no longer have a specific rep assigned to your area. So trying to get the same rep every time is pretty much impossible.

They send out an employee survey each year and each year the response is less and less. I believe this past year the response in my region was less then 17%. In the past 4 years of working for Quest the exact same problems are brought up by employees every year and every year Quest says we are going to work on and fix these. Every year they end up "fixing" problems that were not only not on the list but nobody knew these "problems" even existed.

I have to have a good working knowledge of 4 computer systems, 2 of which I am pretty sure were designed in the early 80s before I was born, yet I am in the lowest paid bracket of the company. Hell, just for knowing those systems I should get higher pay, let alone my Phlebotomy skills

My best advice for anyone looking for a job at Quest is don't. Don't even try, the benefits are not worth the trouble.

Advice to Management

Look at how many different computer systems the average Phleb has to have a good working knowledge of. Now ask yourself, Why do our lowest paid employees have to know how to work 4 different computer systems, 2 of which were built in the 80s? Fix that mess and you'll fix the company.