KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Employee, less than 1 year

Extremely satisfied

May 12, 2022 - Medical Transcriptionist II in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment and team that works well together. Never a boring moment as I am always learning and challenged. Questions are encouraged. Great pay for this type of work, decent vacation accruel and healthcare. Also, a diversity supportive employer. Monday through Friday work schedule. OT is offered on occasion.

Cons

Not a con for myself, but might be for someone who is looking to work from home. This specific transcription job would be impossible to do from home, therefore it is not offered. There aren't many advancement oppurtunities in this position. Possibility of being a transcription lead, but there are no other advancements for transcription itself, but there are oppurtunities in other departments, and Quest is good about encouraging job transition.

1 person found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company, Quality Supervisors

Jun 30, 2022 - Certified Phlebotomist in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Every supervisor I've had genuinely cares about the employee and the patient experience, listens, understands, and communicates effectively the necessary details for optimal work environment. My superiors very helpful and desire to strengthen both in my field and outside of work without being overly personal. This makes it easy to be confident in the company, the quality of service being provided to patients. After just one year with the company the PTO is incredible; even the first year is great from day one!

Cons

The ONLY frustration I have had with Quest is that you must have PTO available to take a day off, planned or unplanned with the exception of an absolute dire emergency/ situation and the roll-over/pay out policy. I believe this is likely due to the generosity of the company in how much PTO is accrued annually.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

No Growth Opportunity

Jun 30, 2022 - Cerified Phlebotomist in Mesquite, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I don’t know. I got paid on time? Benefits were good.

Cons

Often understaffed and expected to work alone. Manager once yelled at me in my face because I took the leads instructions instead of hers. Bad employees were tolerated and good ones were punished. Expected to work Saturdays with no overtime.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Quest Diagnostics.

Quest Diagnostics Photos

+ Add Photo
Quest Diagnostics photo of: Members of our pathology team at work.
Quest Diagnostics photo of: Sixty employees took part in our 2017 Hackathon, where teams spent two days rapid prototyping next generation solutions!
Quest Diagnostics photo of: Specimen processing in our Teterboro, New Jersey, laboratory.
Quest Diagnostics photo of: Laboratory operations in our Teterboro, New Jersey, laboratory.
Quest Diagnostics photo of: Phlebotomists at work in one of our more than 2000 Patient Service Centers.
Quest Diagnostics photo of: Quest Diagnostics employees volunteering at the Los Angeles Food Bank.