Questex - Look Elsewhere | Glassdoor

"Look Elsewhere"

Former Employee - Anonymous in New York, NY

I worked at Questex full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great new open office format. Within certain groups, you have the opportunity to travel domestically or internationally. New CEO has a great vision for the company. Younger staff so you may form some decent friendships.

Cons

Senior leadership is lacking. There are some very smart people in leadership, but they're not actually great at leading. Work/life balance is awful and some departments won't even let you work from home. Some people will throw you under the bus without discussing what you did wrong and how to correct it going forward. Compensation is low and they will not pay the same rate for the same roles. Someone else said it,... but you're not an employee, you're an expense line item.

Advice to Management

Stop bringing in leaders you've worked with in the past because it's comfortable, but hire actual proven leaders that align with your mission and vision. Treat your employees like people and pay them what they're worth.

Questex2019-07-23

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great Culture, Amazing People & Strong Leadership"

Current Employee - Anonymous in New York, NY

I have been working at Questex full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The new direction Questex has taken over the past year, with new management and leadership, has made Questex an even better place to be. The management cares. There's a great work-life balance. And the people I work with are the best! There's nothing better than a great team of colleagues to work with. Management is supportive and understanding. They do a great job of showing appreciation. I highly recommend... working here.

Cons

Honestly, I can't find anything that is a con. The Questex culture is very supportive of learning, improving, and making things better so anything I would've considered a con in the past, has been remedied.

Advice to Management

We love the direction and vision of Questex. Keep doing what you do.

Questex2019-10-04
  2. "Nice place to start your career."

Former Employee - Production Manager

I worked at Questex full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Depending on which group you're in, the people become like family.

Cons

Everyone seems disposable no matter how long you have been there or how well you do.

Questex2019-10-16

Discover more reviews about Questex.