Questex - New management preaches how great the people are - but they don't really care | Glassdoor

"New management preaches how great the people are - but they don't really care"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Questex full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

At the mid to entry level, the people you will work with are smart, driven and genuinely good people to work with. They have passion for their work and it shows in the success of the brands.

Cons

New upper management does not take the time to know the team members who have been there for years and years. They have been hiring a lot of people they used to work with - giving them higher titles and salaries than they should. Upper management preaches how the greatest asset is the people, but really they only care about their own people. Raises and promotions are only given if you drink the kool-aid. Rash... decisions are made (like rebranding) without consulting the people who know the industry inside-out...resulting in wasting time and effort of the employees that actually do the day-to-day work.

Advice to Management

Don't ask employees to come on Glassdoor to leave good reviews in an effort to overshadow the negative ones. Actually treat your employees right and they will leave good reviews on their own.

Questex2019-08-29

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great Culture, Amazing People & Strong Leadership"

Current Employee - Anonymous in New York, NY

I have been working at Questex full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The new direction Questex has taken over the past year, with new management and leadership, has made Questex an even better place to be. The management cares. There's a great work-life balance. And the people I work with are the best! There's nothing better than a great team of colleagues to work with. Management is supportive and understanding. They do a great job of showing appreciation. I highly recommend... working here.

Cons

Honestly, I can't find anything that is a con. The Questex culture is very supportive of learning, improving, and making things better so anything I would've considered a con in the past, has been remedied.

Advice to Management

We love the direction and vision of Questex. Keep doing what you do.

Questex2019-10-04
  2. "Nice place to start your career."

Former Employee - Production Manager

I worked at Questex full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Depending on which group you're in, the people become like family.

Cons

Everyone seems disposable no matter how long you have been there or how well you do.

Questex2019-10-16

Discover more reviews about Questex.