Questex - Good Manager = Good Place to Work | Glassdoor
  1. Helpful (1)

    "Good Manager = Good Place to Work"

    StarStarStarStarStar
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    • Compensation and Benefits
    • Senior Management
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ventnor Heights, NJ
    Doesn't Recommend
    Negative Outlook
    Disapproves of CEO

    I worked at Questex full-time for more than 5 years

    Pros

    Questex is a good place to work if you have a good manager. There a quite a few of them. If you get a poor manager you will not be protected from upper management. New office is pretty.

    Cons

    Upper management doesn’t know how to manage. They speak about a lot of improvements they want make with company culture, but they have actually sucked all the morale out of the place. You only move up and get recognized for hard work if you blindly follow and sing the praises of the new upper management. Also upper management has very little experience running a business with events and media components together.... Overall, 40 percent of the employees hold up the other 60 percent. If you break your back this is the place for you!

    Show More

    Advice to Management

    Don’t be condescending to your hard working employees.

    Questex2019-09-21

Other Employee Reviews

  1. "Great Culture, Amazing People & Strong Leadership"

    StarStarStarStarStar
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    • Compensation and Benefits
    • Senior Management
    Current Employee - Anonymous in New York, NY
    Recommends
    Positive Outlook
    Approves of CEO

    I have been working at Questex full-time for more than 5 years

    Pros

    The new direction Questex has taken over the past year, with new management and leadership, has made Questex an even better place to be. The management cares. There's a great work-life balance. And the people I work with are the best! There's nothing better than a great team of colleagues to work with. Management is supportive and understanding. They do a great job of showing appreciation. I highly recommend... working here.

    Show More

    Cons

    Honestly, I can't find anything that is a con. The Questex culture is very supportive of learning, improving, and making things better so anything I would've considered a con in the past, has been remedied.

    Advice to Management

    We love the direction and vision of Questex. Keep doing what you do.

    Questex2019-10-04
  2. "Nice place to start your career."

    StarStarStarStarStar
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Career Opportunities
    • Compensation and Benefits
    • Senior Management
    Former Employee - Production Manager 
    Doesn't Recommend

    I worked at Questex full-time for more than 5 years

    Pros

    Depending on which group you're in, the people become like family.

    Cons

    Everyone seems disposable no matter how long you have been there or how well you do.

    Questex2019-10-16

Discover more reviews about Questex.