Quick - Dispatching for Sterling | Glassdoor

"Dispatching for Sterling"

Current Employee - Dispatcher
Current Employee - Dispatcher

Pros

good pay and the company offers raises almost every year. Usually the raises are about $1.00 for the year. Most desirable courier company to do dispatching for.

Cons

low vacation time, you hardly get vacation time. We used to work on trade days when there was a lot of overtime but nowadays forget about getting your vacation at the time you want.

Advice to Management

A good advice or feedback tot he leadership at Sterling Courier is to go independent again and not be under its parent company Quick International

Other Employee Reviews for Quick

1. "Accounts Receivable/Billing Specialist"

Former Employee - Accounts Receivable/Billing Specialist in Herndon, VA
    Former Employee - Accounts Receivable/Billing Specialist in Herndon, VA

I worked at Quick full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Money was decent at the time. Everyone made the same base pay and the difference between your pay and your coworkers pay was the quarterly bonuses.

Cons

When the President at the time, Glenn ran the company it was great. Everyone liked coming to work. When he left, it seemed very different. Corporate took over and laid off half their people including the ones who had been there for ten years or more and kept the ones that were new and was paid less. Their loss in my opinion. I was bitter but only because I lost eleven years of loyalty I gave them and in return didn't even get a thank you for the last eleven years of service and the many hours I put in every week over my normal 40. Sad part is I would probably still be there had they not laid me off. I was comfortable in my job and gained many friendships with customers.

Advice to Management

Keep your employees happy. Treat them as if they were making the same amount of money as you and less like you think they are worth. It may be cheaper to hire people for less money but it doesn't mean they will be as great as the employees that have the experience and have been there for years.

2. "Nothing special"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

I worked at Quick full-time

Pros

Schedule, plenty of overtime if willing to work

Cons

No room for upward mobility.

Advice to Management

Promote from within