QuickPlay - Fast paced fun place to work on cutting edge technology | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for QuickPlay

"Fast paced fun place to work on cutting edge technology"

Pros

ahead of technology curve, great motivated team

Cons

small company, rapidly shifting priorities

Advice to Management

Get rid of legacy technologies

Other Employee Reviews for QuickPlay

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at QuickPlay full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Quickplay is like a teenager in the tech startup world, but still functions a lot like a startup. Positives are: Cutting edge technology. A ton of engagement events for employees like monthly lunches with games and cash prizes that normally include beer. Company sponsored happy hours offsite are normal, and the annual summer events/ Holiday party are a lot of fun. Quickplay invests a lot in their people and the CEO gets that the employees are essential to their livelihood. Office culture is really relaxed-- you can wear jeans and a t-shirt everyday and bring your dog to work. Overall, there are a lot of perks that set this company apart from the average. The company pays 100% medical benefits for employees, which is rare these days.

Cons

For some of the positions at Quickplay the days can be long, and that is the startup feel. Clarity on project work is missing sometimes. Communication could be improved from the top down.

Advice to Management

Work on communicating from the top down, so the lower level employees still understand what Quickplay is working towards and how they are contributing. Set clear expectations for projects and hold people accountable.

"People were great, business decisions were perplexing"

Former Employee - QA Analyst in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - QA Analyst in San Diego, CA

I worked at QuickPlay full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

When building out the San Diego office, The people and environment were the best. Some of the best and brightest group I had the pleasure of working with.

Cons

Reporting to corporate in Toronto, then opened a remote office in India. Some developers, technicians and analysts left and were never replaced. San Diego professional services contracted to the point where I was working 50-60 hours a week. After additional restructuring of the organization, my position was felt no longer needed and let go.

Advice to Management

They need to get hire a couple of high level executives in the San Diego office. We were right to worry about the visibility of our work. Especially with the center of excellence, we felt we never got the visibility we deserved.