Quidsi - Great people, great culture, great opportunities. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Quidsi

"Great people, great culture, great opportunities."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at Quidsi full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Quidsi is full of a lot of opportunities. Just looking around my department of nearly 30, almost half of either been promoted, have transferred in from another department/function, or have taken on a new suite of responsibilities within the last 18 months or so (and most of the rest were recently hired into newly-created roles). You get opportunities to take on projects and scopes of work that you likely wouldn't get elsewhere. The people are also awesome - you couldn't ask to work with a higher-caliber yet still fun and down-to-earth bunch. There is also a sincere effort made to make Quidsi really a great place to work - the calendar is constantly full of fun events, interesting trainings, sports and clubs, you name it.

Cons

With rapid growth comes growing pains - things that once worked won't work so well anymore, and it does take some time and creativity to come up with new, better solutions. But just like those awkward couple of years we all hit growing up (I'm talking to you, 6th-8th grade...), you emerge better for having gone through it. So Quidsi is still a bit of a gawky teenager - but a well-intentioned, ambitious, fun-loving one at that. The workload can be heavy at times too, there is no denying that. At the same time, I know that I've accomplished so much more in my 3 1/2 years (and counting) here than I would in the same amount of time elsewhere.

Other Employee Reviews for Quidsi

"Used to be a great company but don't join now"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Quidsi full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Still awesome people and great CEO and COO

Cons

Poor management, after merger with Amazon lost small company individuality, lost passion and happiness. Managers and above just waiting to get their stocks before leave.

Advice to Management

Don't hire unprofessional managers

"Only reason I stay is because I have a job."

Current Employee - Fulfillment Specialist in Gouldsboro, PA
    Current Employee - Fulfillment Specialist in Gouldsboro, PA

I have been working at Quidsi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Affordable insurance since Amazon take-over

Cons

Lack of communication within management. Lack of communication between management and employees. Constant and erratic changes of processes and procedures. Complete lack of thought for application of new procedures. Employees are essentially treated like cattle. Point system is a joke (website says paid vacation and holidays. If you don't earn the time off, AND have it approved, you get no time off. Sick days? Same pool of Paid Time off, and it's a complete joke). HR couldn't care less about employees. Pay grade is poor. Turnover is super high. Absolutely no care for a degree in any way. Promotions based on attendance, NOT performance or longevity of employment. Typically useless coworkers. "Mandatory" overtime without any notice. "Final Written Warning" for any breach of rules and regulations, without prior warnings or coaching of any kind.

Advice to Management

Quit screwing around. The people in the office run the building, yet they don't know anything outside their 4 walls. How do things actually work on the warehouse floor? If ANY member of management had any real idea of employee conditions (application of procedures, typical hurdles, etc), things might change. Favoritism is an extreme.