Quidsi - Crazy place | Glassdoor

"Crazy place"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Quidsi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Cool offices
- Great discounts
- People like to have fun

Cons

- They don't value their people. People leave all the time and no one seems to be looking into why and what they can do to fix it.
- work life balance is a major issue
- The Leadership is more interested in being friends with each other then it is in actually leading their teams.

Advice to Management

Start caring about your people.

Other Employee Reviews for Quidsi

"Customer Care"

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Quidsi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free food, fun people, and lots of company parties. Everyone is like one big family, however that only goes so far.

Cons

No opportunity for growth! They tell you upon hire that you're able to move around within the company, however this is untrue.

"Great people, great culture, great opportunities."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at Quidsi full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Quidsi is full of a lot of opportunities. Just looking around my department of nearly 30, almost half of either been promoted, have transferred in from another department/function, or have taken on a new suite of responsibilities within the last 18 months or so (and most of the rest were recently hired into newly-created roles). You get opportunities to take on projects and scopes of work that you likely wouldn't get elsewhere. The people are also awesome - you couldn't ask to work with a higher-caliber yet still fun and down-to-earth bunch. There is also a sincere effort made to make Quidsi really a great place to work - the calendar is constantly full of fun events, interesting trainings, sports and clubs, you name it.

Cons

With rapid growth comes growing pains - things that once worked won't work so well anymore, and it does take some time and creativity to come up with new, better solutions. But just like those awkward couple of years we all hit growing up (I'm talking to you, 6th-8th grade...), you emerge better for having gone through it. So Quidsi is still a bit of a gawky teenager - but a well-intentioned, ambitious, fun-loving one at that. The workload can be heavy at times too, there is no denying that. At the same time, I know that I've accomplished so much more in my 3 1/2 years (and counting) here than I would in the same amount of time elsewhere.