QuinStreet - I like it here but you can't grow your book in sales | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for QuinStreet

"I like it here but you can't grow your book in sales"

Current Employee - Business Development in Beaverton, OR
Current Employee - Business Development in Beaverton, OR

Pros

little micro mgmt.
40 hr weeks, rarely over.
PTO is generous.
Free tuna, bagels, toast, cereal. yum!
decent people to work with.

Cons

Old computers
Make us work from the Cube when telecommuting option would be mutually beneficial.
Old Ideas...
lemming like mgmt...yes men.
stock options worthless (so far)
Everyday is not created equal for comp plan. They don't tell you at first but the comp plan is on fiscal calendar. They strip you of your book every June and you start over. They do bonus you to try and ease the pain but the amounts are arbitrary. You're more motivated to go after big accounts in the first months of the year while they expect you to be motivated year round...the structure of the comp plan is at odds with expectations.. it feels like luck dictates most of your commissions. why sign someone in Q3 or Q4 only to cash in for only a few months at most...you are then expected to put the account in the hands of an account manager who then has your commission "in their hands". Aggressive sales goals require aggressive compensation. Also, a selling mngr gets to screen all internal leads and gets paid when he signs a low hanging whale. Conflict of interest there.

Advice to Management

pay your top sales people to stay long term...most want out after two years so we can get paid what we're worth.

Other Employee Reviews for QuinStreet

"Fast Paced, Ever Changing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Pros

QuinStreet provides a start-up environment with the foundation of a publicly traded company. No project is too small or too large, as long as it results in benefit to both client and organization.

Cons

Compensation is not up to what other organization's pay for the same job and revenue growth. Long hours can come to be expected as, at times, it seems like folks compete to see who can work the longest hours.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to highly compensate good people. If you are going to have aggressive revenue goals, have equally aggressive compensation opportunities.

2. "Renewed perspective; though still a negative experience"

Former Employee - Ad/Trafficking Operations in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Ad/Trafficking Operations in New York, NY

Pros

- A *respectful* work environment - as I've gone on in my professional career, I see how important it is to work at a place that at least gives employees a comfortable environment to work in.
    - Work / life balance completely intact.

Cons

- Management at the time was ignorant to a great majority of digital trends, yet still demanded total obedience. Any challenges to the status quo were seen as direct hits to the ego.
    - Largely felt no sense of contribution (and therefore growth). Operations jobs I've held since put greater import on how the role fits into the greater organization, whereas ZD had no sense of what that could mean to an employee.

Advice to Management

Drop the egos, work more collaboratively and give people a greater understanding of their contribution to the organization. I still didn't have much the clearest idea of how the company generated money after my years there.