QuintilesIMS - Contract Field Sales | Glassdoor

"Contract Field Sales"

Current Contractor - Sales Representative in New York, NY
Current Contractor - Sales Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at QuintilesIMS as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Solid contract sales position. Nice benefits and good people to work with. Every project seems to be different, some are better than others.

Cons

Little room for advancement and growth within this current project.

Advice to Management

Some of the upper management is unapproachable with field sales reports. A obvious mistrust is evident within the compliance portion of the company. Initial respect and understanding would go further in the long run. It is exhausting having to prove one's self from the start. Sales reps are generally honest, hard working, and good people. It would be nice if the company took more pride in and trusted their home based workers more.

Other Employee Reviews for QuintilesIMS

"Great Company."

Former Intern - Intern in Durham, NC
    Former Intern - Intern in Durham, NC

I worked at QuintilesIMS as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for. Though I don't have much input in regards to compensation and benefits, my supervisors were always available and if not, there was always another attorney/legal staff member around that could assist me with my projects.

Cons

There wasn't much room to advance within the Legal Department but I gained good experience here.

Advice to Management

I have no complaints with Management and they were mostly helpful during my internship.

"Immunoassay branch"

Former Employee - Bench Work in Manassas, VA
    Former Employee - Bench Work in Manassas, VA

I worked at QuintilesIMS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

benefits and the work environment. That's about it. Unfortunate to say, those two are the only good things about the immunoassay branch

Cons

inconsistent training, no sense of camaraderie unless you're a project manager or originally from Advion. I received training from 3 different people at my time here and they all did things differently. If you do it one way, you get yelled at by another person and if you do it the other way, someone else will yell at you for doing it that particular way.

If you're going to work for this branch of Quintiles and you're not applying for Scientist 2 or higher, you're wasting your time with them, because they won't respect you. They'll just throw work at your face and not care if they are overloading you. If you become a temp scientist 1, associate scientist, or sample management, be prepared to be segregated. They will segregate you and they will pretty much put you in a room separate from all of the Quintiles employees.

Don't think you will be able to confide in anyone in this branch because someone will eventually tell upper management, whether it's a complaint or if you made a mistake.

One more thing, people will talk smack behind your back. if they talked trash about other people in front of me, i can only imagine what they said about me behind my back.

Advice to Management

make it more like family. don't segregate temp workers. to the directors, A+ for effort.