Quirky - I work for the greatest company in the world. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Quirky

"I work for the greatest company in the world."

I have been working at Quirky full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The team members at Quirky are some of the most inspiring people ever. So much amazing work gets done every single day, and it consistently pushes me to want to be a better employee. The office space is amazing, and there is always something going on (parties, birthday celebrations, important visitors)! I'm so glad to be a part of an organization that is trying to make invention accessible, challenges the status quo, and just gets $#!t done. They provide free drinks and snacks, have bike racks and showers, and probably one of the coolest office spaces in New York City.

Cons

It's a bit of a walk from the nearest subway (office is at 28th and 11th Ave, nearest subway is at 25th and 8th Ave), but other than that I can't wait to get here every morning.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on! We've grown so fast just in my time here, I can't wait to see what the future holds!

Other Employee Reviews for Quirky

"Fun, Fast, Freakin' Awesome"

I have been working at Quirky full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are absolutely amazing: smart, motivated, energized, and they all get along. There is no drama, and it's a very collaborative atmosphere. The CULTURE! Events, parties, etc. It's incredible. The perks are amazing. Unlimited vacation days PLUS blackout weeks... unbeatable. The office space is very cool, and the kitchen space is awesome. Every Thursday night is a catered dinner, and there's always lots of drinks and snacks stocked M-F. Everyone gets a new laptop, and Quirky pays for your phone. There are countless other perks. But the absolute best things are the people, the culture, and we we're actually DOING: making invention accessible. I've 100% drunk the Kool Aid, but I don't care. This is the first company I've ever worked for where I'm proud of what I do, fond of all the people I work with, and excited to be there.

Cons

The location isn't the greatest in the world (11th ave, meh), but the office space and the people 100% make up for it. OK, 99.9%.

The fast pace could be a con for some, but for me it's mostly a pro. There's no busy work; it's all meaningful and has real impact. There's no time for anything else!

Advice to Management

Keep hiring at the senior/executive level to get more of our organizational structure in place. NEVER lose the culture, and keep blackout weeks forever.

2. "Building something bigger and better"

I have been working at Quirky full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Quirky has the potential to be something absolutely world-changing.
    Working on at a company where hardware and software intersect. Unlike any other company.
    They care deeply about culture and are always trying to make it better and are aware of where it isn't good enough yet.

Cons

With any fast growing company you have learn to manage all the work, there is plenty.