R.H. Donnelley - Great place to work with forward thinking leadership | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for R.H. Donnelley

"Great place to work with forward thinking leadership"

Current Employee - District Manager in Denver, CO
Current Employee - District Manager in Denver, CO

Pros

Proactive and growth oriented leadership drives our business to offer cutting edge products and services. Compensation is commiserate with drive and ambition. This com
Any offers the strongest new hire training I have ever experienced.

Cons

Our IT department has been outsourced to India. Our graphic artists are now mainly based in the Phillipines. Communication barriers affect level of productivity in dealing with both departments.

Advice to Management

Bring back the graphic artists. They are the creators of our products, and we cannot afford to have an inferior product in this day and age.

Other Employee Reviews for R.H. Donnelley

1. "I did well, despite management."

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Tucson, AZ

Pros

Fair benefits package. Decent vacation and pto time. Fellow employees are good people.

Cons

Micro management. Managers have less experience in sales than sales team and no management skills. Upper management targets employees they don't like until they quit. Lack of support staff and who they do have are overworked.

Advice to Management

Sales is a tough job, management needs to support and encourage employees. If you care about your employees they will care about your company and do well. It's that simple

2. "Good, Solid Starting Sales Position"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Arlington Heights, Cook, IL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Arlington Heights, Cook, IL

Pros

If you work at it you will be successful.
    The people that you work with are all excellent. Everyone gets along well.
    They have a very good sales training program if you have not been in sales before. If you have, you will find it a bit remedial, but you will be prepared to sell your products if you fully participate.
    Advancement is usually by performance.
    If you are average you will not have to worry about your job.
    Great springboard into other sales careers. If you can sell this, you can sell anything.

Cons

Yellow Pages is a Dying industry
    The internet programs that are sold are now behind the rest of their competitors.
    The comp plan keeps going down, down. You will work harder for less money.
    The new micro-management platform is awful and stifling.
    If you are a performer, management will do everything possible to keep you in sales and out of management.

Advice to Management

Advance your systems. Stop trying to feed the sales force information that just isn't true. We all know that yellow pages are dying.
    Do something to build back the trust of your customers.