R.R. Donnelley - I find that it is relatively easy to work here, and find the environment enjoyable to work in. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for R.R. Donnelley

"I find that it is relatively easy to work here, and find the environment enjoyable to work in."

Current Employee - Accounts Assistant in Plover, WI
Current Employee - Accounts Assistant in Plover, WI

Pros

Employees are encouraged to work as teams, to enable a friendly working atmosphere, and to ensure the highest quality in customer service.

Cons

Unfortunately, many of our employees have a high workload, which contributes some stress; thankfully, our managers do their best to keep the stress at manageable levels.

Advice to Management

It would be nice for medium levels of management to be encouraging to temporary employees, provided they are doing excellent work, by informing them when opportunities to be hired within the company are made available.

Other Employee Reviews for R.R. Donnelley

1. "I absolutely love this company!"

Current Employee - Take-out (I Am Not Directly Hired Threw RR Donnelley) in Logan, UT

Pros

They keep you very well informed with EVERYTHING that is going on with the company. It makes you feel like your actually apart of the company and it's not just a "job". For most part management is very pleasant to be around and answer any questions you might have. Although, some management is rather unpleasant, but every company has a few. Overall after being there for 2 years now, i can say this is the best company i have ever worked for as far as their standers for work quality go and how they treat their employees.

Cons

It seems like you have to really "brown nose" your way up the line of command rather than earn it alone.

Advice to Management

I think management does an amazing job with what they have, but i definitely think some need to learn how to give constructive criticism rather than blunt rudeness.

2. "WHERE HARD WORK GOES UNNOTICED"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Majority of the employees help each other
    Friendly environment depending on the dept you work in

Cons

Attendance Policy is terrible. It's inhumane! You are only provided with 3 occurrences (absence days) before you are written up. Human Resources is solely there to look out for the Management team. Additional responsibilities are forced upon you with no compensation. RR Donnelley was a great workplace prior to the Moore Wallace merge and now with the acquisition of Bowne even worse. Employees are not treated fairly in this company.

Advice to Management

Employees need to feel valued, it's like a sweatshop. Loads of work, no perks, no raises.