R.R. Donnelley - One of the few printing companies left that still have room for employees to grow. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for R.R. Donnelley

"One of the few printing companies left that still have room for employees to grow."

Former Employee - Sales Professional in Irving, TX
Former Employee - Sales Professional in Irving, TX

I worked at R.R. Donnelley full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Donnelley offers a wide variety of opportunities to employees once hired. It is a great company to work for.

Cons

Being such a large company it can be hard to accomplish small tasks. Paperwork seems to be overwhelming at times.

Other Employee Reviews for R.R. Donnelley

"Felt like I was treated as just a number, no sense of loyalty in the company."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mattoon, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mattoon, IL

I worked at R.R. Donnelley full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I met a lot of nice people there, some of whom I am still friends with.

Cons

Starting with shift supervisors and on up to upper management they do not care about the employees.

Advice to Management

Dont just take the word of local management. Talk to the employees out on the floor about how things are. When supervisors and managers won't listen to the skilled operators on what is needed things do not get done properly or safely.

"Very unfavorable to its employees... no 401k match anymore... no innovation whatsoever..."

Former Employee - Manager in Warrenville, IL
    Former Employee - Manager in Warrenville, IL

I worked at R.R. Donnelley full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pros are your coworkers. You are all in the same boat

Cons

* In a dying industry.. Print.
    * Company is always looking to move work offshore at any opportunity.
    * Benefits are horrific. They just stopped 401k match. Health benefits are a joke.
    * Leadership is such a joke that they move everyone to a new building and they do not even have the forethought to think about not having enough space for parking!

I worked at RR Donnelley in technology in leadership for quite a few years. My entire career has been about innovation with focus on team building. In the years I was there my focus was to build systems to reduce cost and headcount. I watched not only as we closed plants, but also benefits and healthcare were cut. In fact, now 401k match is no longer available. What a joke. There are so many opportunities out there in IT... so many places for talent to go and get compensated fairly. I would not ever recommend anyone in IT ever work for Donnelley... you can go elsewhere and get 30% more money and 1000% better benefits. You get what you pay for RRD, enjoy.

RRD thinks about cutting costs and saving money, upper management pats themselves on the back, then realizes later that they did not think everything through...

Advice to Management

Read my cons.