R.R. Donnelley - Very unfavorable to its employees... no 401k match anymore... no innovation whatsoever... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for R.R. Donnelley

"Very unfavorable to its employees... no 401k match anymore... no innovation whatsoever..."

Former Employee - Manager in Warrenville, IL
Former Employee - Manager in Warrenville, IL

I worked at R.R. Donnelley full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pros are your coworkers. You are all in the same boat

Cons

* In a dying industry.. Print.
* Company is always looking to move work offshore at any opportunity.
* Benefits are horrific. They just stopped 401k match. Health benefits are a joke.
* Leadership is such a joke that they move everyone to a new building and they do not even have the forethought to think about not having enough space for parking!

I worked at RR Donnelley in technology in leadership for quite a few years. My entire career has been about innovation with focus on team building. In the years I was there my focus was to build systems to reduce cost and headcount. I watched not only as we closed plants, but also benefits and healthcare were cut. In fact, now 401k match is no longer available. What a joke. There are so many opportunities out there in IT... so many places for talent to go and get compensated fairly. I would not ever recommend anyone in IT ever work for Donnelley... you can go elsewhere and get 30% more money and 1000% better benefits. You get what you pay for RRD, enjoy.

RRD thinks about cutting costs and saving money, upper management pats themselves on the back, then realizes later that they did not think everything through...

Advice to Management

Read my cons.

Other Employee Reviews for R.R. Donnelley

1. "Long time employee"

Current Employee - Gravure Press Lead in Mattoon, IL
    Current Employee - Gravure Press Lead in Mattoon, IL

I have been working at R.R. Donnelley full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company has been a relatively stable employer for the community. The company has been good in enabling a family to have medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage. The company enables a family to live comfortably.

Cons

The factory work is physically demanding and summers can be quite hot indoors. During the last few years, the hours are slow the first half of the year leading to layoffs, yet the last six months can be heavy with required overtime.

Advice to Management

Due to an aging workforce, upgrades are needed to reduce the physically demanding work.

2. "Dying company"

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at R.R. Donnelley full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed the people I worked with. It made going into the office each day quite bearable.

Cons

Print industry is a dying industry and losing revenue because of it. Need to invest in other areas if they are to stay afloat in the long term.

Advice to Management

Get new management.