R.R. Donnelley - Wish I knew than what I know now | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for R.R. Donnelley

"Wish I knew than what I know now"

I have been working at R.R. Donnelley full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some of the people are great. Close to home. Good hours.

Cons

Not having the right equipment . Bad pay increases (however I am personally ok with where I am at pay wise - just have taken on more work and not really seeing the benefits of having done that - 1% accross the board - that is what I mean by bad pay increases.). Unreasonable demands. Have priorities messed up. Absolutely no work/life balance. If I knew than what I know now I would not have taken the job.

Advice to Management

Please please listen to your employees. We know what we need to do our jobs yet some in upper mgmt think they know better and it warrants no further discussion period. As far as work/life balance...having managers just flippantly say..well you will just have to work overtime, instead of really looking further ahead is just not the right thing to say. I have watched people come in with great attitudes and desire to learn and do a good job - than after awhile just do not care any more. This is clearly a mgmt issue. Please just have an open mind.

Other Employee Reviews for R.R. Donnelley

1. "Great co-workers, encouraging sales reps, but not much room for growth and advancement"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Iowa City, IA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Iowa City, IA

I have been working at R.R. Donnelley full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Co workers
    Sales Rep
    Flexible with work/ilfe balance

Cons

Duties are merged between positions and there's a lot of competition for getting higher position/salary but not much opportunity.

Advice to Management

Reward hard workers so they have an incentive to work harder, cut pay on those who waste their time.

"Relatively Stable Company But Extremely Cheap"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove Village, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove Village, IL

I have been working at R.R. Donnelley full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible working hours. Nice people to work with. Casual Work Attire. Opportunities to learn new technologies.

Cons

Lack of appreciation of management to employee. Not rewarded for hard work. No real chance for advancement. An Extremely Cheap Company.

Advice to Management

Management should consider their employee's contributions before arbitrarily putting them at the bottom of the pile. Also consider investing in your future -- your employees. As a long time RRD employee I am considering leaving along with many who have already left. The recent 1% raise was an absolute joke to all who received it. I'm sure upper management receives more than 1% on a yearly basis, and it is doubtful that it is well deserved.