R.R. Donnelley - R R DONNELLEY IS A GOOD PLACE TO WORK AND YOU CAN ADVANCE IF THAT IS WHAT YOU WISH | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for R.R. Donnelley

"R R DONNELLEY IS A GOOD PLACE TO WORK AND YOU CAN ADVANCE IF THAT IS WHAT YOU WISH"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC

Pros

The benefits of working here are very good. it is not hard work but there are plenty of overtime
that is sometimes required of an employee during the year. management does care & there are
some good "incentives" also in a year's time that you will get. i think that if a person is looking for a good job with hours & benefits then RRD is the place to be.

Cons

There are just a few "downsides" of working at RRD. sometimes you will have to work "holidays"
& being away from family is not good when this happens. there is a "busy" time during the year
but that is where the money is made. that is really the only "negative" that could be a "positive"
depending on whether you want to work the hours.

Advice to Management

the only advice i would give would be to be able to spend more "family" time & not have to work
on some of the scheduled holidays as mentioned above.

Other Employee Reviews for R.R. Donnelley

1. "People really do count and it really is the people who make a difference in this company."

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in New York, NY

Pros

I am reconignized for my accomplishments which is very rare in this day and age.

Cons

My commute is two hours and my manager would prefer I work in the office rather than from home, but worth it

Advice to Management

I would say don't change. I find it refreshing that everyone treats each other like people. I have worked in companies where you have to speak with your manager before speaking with someone higher. I also like how senior management treats and speaks to people like they are just another person and not someone who is under them. For example, a month into my job, I finally realized I was speaking with the Senior VP and Controller in the lunchroom every morning. Also, forgetting about people, granted you have all kinds of personalities at a company but people are generally nice.

2. "Shift Coordinator"

I have been working at R.R. Donnelley full-time

Pros

You will encounter some very good co-workers.

Cons

Upper management isn't great at all.